Big Bens non Clio

Surprising that. I expected em to last a little longer.
I suppose you do have a fair bit more power though
Can’t fault the performance but I’d hoped they’d of lasted longer tbf hence the reason I’m trying the dsuno

Good work on doing your own spannering on the brakes.

Also I would definitely consider Pagid RS29 pads, they're a bit more expensive than stuff like DS1.11 etc, but they last so much more and are so god damn good.
If I was tracking my Clio esp with your power I'd be all over them.

I ran them in 200sx that was running 310bhp, just couldn't make them fade or even die lol, I gave them a beating at the Ring and they just took it, lap after lap, all my mates have and still run them (E46 M3 with LS3, normal M3, 996 GT3 CS etc).

Reactions: Big Ben
Good work on doing your own spannering on the brakes.

Also I would definitely consider Pagid RS29 pads, they're a bit more expensive than stuff like DS1.11 etc, but they last so much more and are so god damn good.
If I was tracking my Clio esp with your power I'd be all over them.

I ran them in 200sx that was running 310bhp, just couldn't make them fade or even die lol, I gave them a beating at the Ring and they just took it, lap after lap, all my mates have and still run them (E46 M3 with LS3, normal M3, 996 GT3 CS etc).
Will bear that in mind thanks Suj. CL RC6 are on the list as well. Will no doubt try them all in due course!!

Reactions: suj
RC6 are great also, they also do a RC6e which weren't available when I used them many years ago, they've had some good reviews.

But I'm a massive RS29 fan, why so many people swear by them, as price for longevity works out cheaper than other pads.

RC6 are great also, they also do a RC6e which weren't available when I used them many years ago, they've had some good reviews.
But I'm a massive RS29 fan, why so many people swear by them, as price for longevity works out cheaper than other pads.
I looked up the RS29. Obviously heavy outlay but if they last a long time then money well spent. Food for thought..

Snetterton on Saturday. Pouring with rain and blowing a gale!! Still had a laugh. PS4’s handled the bad conditions as good as can be expected.
Managed to take my wife out for a couple of (slow) laps which was a goal of mine. Not sure she enjoyed it :wink:
Car ran well. I stopped a bit early as front pads are almost dead and I had to drive home. DSUNO and new discs to go on before Cadwell in two weeks.
Couple of obligatory low res pics.
B440A34B-5BC6-4DFF-9577-BF0B9D25E2AA.png4038ED01-CCDE-4CE5-B118-1AE9B86DAA31.jpeg25B8995F-1A4A-4C84-88C3-A1845592C782.jpeg

Been a while since I posted.
Missed Cadwell middle of March as car let me down at 05:00 on day of trackday! Turns out fuse to starter motor was the culprit. First time she’s let me down bad in four plus years.
A6247467-2528-4C9B-8FA7-30C66D3590B8.png
Had new HC front discs and DSUNO pads fitted. Will report back once I’ve been on track.
CV boot slipped off. Refixed that

Bought a gauge pod of @Yiannis197 Filled it with high quality Defi gauges. Oil temp, water temp and boost gauge. Can keep a proper eye on track temps now. Suspicion is I’ll get an oil cooler in the near future 5A278432-0E85-4341-B888-AF5C7099DA5D.jpeg

Loving the Ford key style gearbox mount stiffener Ben!
Also the Vauxhall key retro screw driver in your hand :grimacing:

Reactions: Big Ben
Loving the Ford key style gearbox mount stiffener Ben!
Also the Vauxhall key retro screw driver in your hand :grimacing:
Tbf mate that’s not my engine bay someone was just demonstrating what the offending item looked like:smile:

Trackday at Bedford yesterday. Car was great if a little hot. New gauges confirming I need an oil cooler. Saw temps over 120°!
Tried slicks for the first time. Amazing performance. Can take absolute liberties!

Cadwell July 25th with @Beany then Spa November with @peter @Benno No doubt squeeze one or two more in if the Mrs lets me
5DEAC596-9600-4251-A730-E6DC581D7A26.jpegD57AF311-03DE-4FE7-8B7B-612DD2FE1CB7.jpegE2F1CB2D-56FE-458C-BF13-1963B291B5A9.jpeg