Big Bens non Clio

Cheers Matt. Haven’t seen much of your car this summer. Will it be out on track again soon?

Had a really busy year and it’s had to take a back seat. Not sure at the moment mate what I’m going to do with the car. I may do Donington Park in October which will be its only outing this year but might part ways with it end of the year. Thinking of going in a different direction and getting back into competition, possibly back into rallying or into some tintop racing both of which are not suitable for this car.

Just bought a set of Nankang AR1’s off eBay. 215/45/17
JJCraceandrally eBay shop. Use code PLENTIFUL £233.60 for a pair delivered! Got my sister to buy me the other pair:grinning: that way you get the discount twice.
Look forward to comparing them to my Direzzas.

Passenger harness fitted today. didn’t like the look of just one harness, had to balance it out. Car is nearly where I want it to be plus my Bank balance needs a breather after yet another expensive year:grimacing:
One more trackday then a service and MOT before winter hibernation.

TFL
0CC70203-D486-4111-A002-F224BA862D9A.jpeg

Last edited:
Did Donington Park trackday Sunday 3rd. Didn’t rain and surface even managed to dry out for the afternoon which was great.
Too tight to buy official photos so you’ll have to make do with some pinched ones off friends phones!

New MOT this morning which is always nice. Changed the oil and filter as well as a knackered wheel arch liner.
Nothing more planned this year but Black Friday’s only a few weeks away so who knows what I might be tempted by:grinning:
BF4A63EF-414F-430F-8890-6FF80DD005EB.jpeg 8BE34DF1-080F-48A0-BD7D-46F01A8AEA0B.jpeg 08CDC7E5-C500-43FF-949D-04EE20C63D27.jpeg 0D38D007-7BD9-4AF9-BCFF-F103FAFCA908.jpeg 6E08E87E-13BD-4ADE-9DA1-2E171A254757.jpeg

When the Clio was on a ramp last week noticed some of the bushes were far from good condition. Might as well change them all when it’s next being looked at so went for the powerflex kit. Also got the arb mounting bushes. Bottled it and went road series instead of black! Long drives to and from track stopped me.

Not sure when I’ll get them fitted. Will see what else I buy Black Friday:grinning: and get everything done at once
7E9D4F2C-2B42-4F88-970A-D2DF2C44BB28.jpeg

When the Clio was on a ramp last week noticed some of the bushes were far from good condition. Might as well change them all when it’s next being looked at so went for the powerflex kit. Bottled it and went road series instead of black! Long drives to and from track stopped me.

Not sure when I’ll get them fitted. Will see what else I buy Black Friday:grinning: and get everything done at once
View attachment 137489

Think I might need the same for the meg! Will do at the same time as a certain set of coilovers go on...

Glad the idea of spending nothing on the car this winter has gone out the window!!

Reactions: Big Ben
Powerflex really does make it feel quite sharp and planted. Just feels so much more solid/tight

I've got a couple black series bits on mine for the ARB bushes and the front wishbone bushes are only available in black I think, and it's really not that bad!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Benno and Big Ben
Powerflex really does make it feel quite sharp and planted. Just feels so much more solid/tight

I've got a couple black series bits on mine for the ARB bushes and the front wishbone bushes are only available in black I think, and it's really not that bad!

My n/s lower arm bush is goosed and I think my ARB bushes are too, got a knock on the o/s when I go over any sort of bump.

Always got to be Powerflex for a bush kit.

Did the sway bar bush end up squeeking?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Still playing silly buggers and buying go faster stuff for my
(not quite a)race car:smirk:

Set of used slicks to try next spring. No idea what I’m doing really but you’re only here once so giving stuff a go!

They look in great condition for what I paid. Time will tell
47494ED0-4CA6-4CDA-BE21-6AD6B47CB456.jpeg

Little update. Visited Alex at AWMotorworks. He fitted full powerflex handling pack bushes and ARB bushes. New CV boots. This time OE Renault plastic ones. Also a Walbro 255 fuel pump and a gearbox fluid change. Car had a map tweak at Engine Dynamics to accommodate the new fuel pump. Hangs on to the power a bit better at the top end.

Car feels very good. Probably the best I’ve had it.

Snetterton on the 29th Feb.

8FB04D3C-E3F1-4B87-A30E-92D25C3F56BA.jpeg
B6DD4814-E3E7-4767-915E-B3C23C672D8F.jpeg

Last edited:
Bought some new DSUNO front pads and Brembo HC discs as I thought my fronts were done 6018CCD8-CDC6-4621-8CDB-269A04562B51.jpeg Turns out there’s another day left in my Winmax W5’s so I’ll shove them back in. Happy days.
Not often I do my own spannering but happy to tackle minor jobs like brakes after watching and reading over the last couple of years

Attachments

• BA7B3F55-4C72-4F8B-8C3A-FE6206A289E6.jpeg
    BA7B3F55-4C72-4F8B-8C3A-FE6206A289E6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
Surprising that. I expected em to last a little longer.
I suppose you do have a fair bit more power though