Big Bens non Clio

car looks ace, ben.
looks like chris' sits lower.
Chris’s is decked!!
Was getting a little bit of rubbing on fast right handed bends. Probably due to offset on new wheels but any lower is out for me.
Few clicks stiffer on the front solved the rubbing issue anyhow

Reactions: Beany and peter
not an ideal start to the day but glad all was sorted..bet it feels great on track now..updates like these make me miss my clio..
booked another track day??

Reactions: Big Ben
not an ideal start to the day but glad all was sorted..bet it feels great on track now..updates like these make me miss my clio..
booked another track day??
Thanks Pav. Yeah I’ve got Bedford booked in April and Cadwell in May. Hopefully Donington soon as well.

Reactions: Pav
I’ve always used them mate. They are worth every penny.

This! Echo this thought, I also like the A048R too!

I'm glad you are having fun and playing with stuff like pressures etc, it's part of the fun IMO finding a good balance for yourself, it also then means you notice changes to the car slowly, unlike going from a road car straight to a track car, as you'll just get bored, as it's all about the evolution.

Also trackside bodges FTW! Done way too many when stuff goes wrong haha.

Yep [emoji854] I'm starting to get really annoyed with it now [emoji23] If I don't have it back and driving this weekend I'm gonna kick off [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Feel your pain mate. Nothing to hold you from tracking it once it’s sorted!!

Reactions: lewishunter98
Feel your pain mate. Nothing to hold you from tracking it once it’s sorted!!

Other than the gearbox hahaha! Will just be delicate with that as i really reaaaally want to get out. Could do with some wheels and better tyres but i'd imagine the PS4's will hold up okay for one or two days?

Other than the gearbox hahaha! Will just be delicate with that as i really reaaaally want to get out. Could do with some wheels and better tyres but i'd imagine the PS4's will hold up okay for one or two days?
What about some orange 197 wheels

Plenty of people have used PS4 on track with no issues. Won’t be quite as good as some more focussed tyres but certainly won’t be bad

Reactions: lewishunter98
Update:
Dropped car at Beaniesport last Saturday and collected yesterday after a week away with the family.
Driveshaft boot replaced, new 6piece braided brake lines and rbf660 fluid put in ready for track day on the 20th. Brakes feel great

Driving home wasn’t ideal though. After the first 30mins of sitting bored on the M1 I finally got some room to stretch her legs.
Car revved out but thought I heard a splutter. Next roundabout and tried again. This time it was hesitant around 4-5k. Bollocks

Tried it a couple more times when space permitted and under full load it’s definitely hesitant and stuttering slightly which is not clever at all!

After research and chatting with a few knowledgable people it seems like it’s either the coils (which are none genuine items) or the standard fuel pump not being able to cope with the demand.

I’m capable of changing the coils (will do the plugs while I’m at it although I’m sure they’re pretty new) which I’ll do this week. If that cures it I’ll be able to do track day as planned.

If it doesn’t then I’ll have to book it in somewhere for an uprated fuel pump and cancel trackday. Probably a Walbro 255. This will happen eventually anyway I guess.

All part of the fun of owning a Clio. It’s only money....

TFL

Sounds like a fuel/pump is gonna need to happen anyway. Just the timing of when has been made for you.

Hope you get your niggle sorted pronto......

Reactions: Big Ben