Big Bens non Clio

I've got some sat around somewhere, must find them and get them fitted...my jets are absolutely awful!

Some new fan style washer jets just arrived so will have a go at fitting them tomorrow. Watch this space

Thanks @Lucifer

View attachment 118904

Good purchase I say! Annoys me that one of the jets is over enthusiastic to the point where it’s blasting the jet past the window, and the other is in limp mode barely dribbling a droplet of water on the screen!

Hopefully an easy swap!

Busy morning. Managed to fit new fan style washer jets. Bit of a fiddle but 30mins later hey presto. Had to then check they didn’t fly off so my car got a workout on my private racetrack:thumb:

5399EECD-C994-4D94-8CAA-30067D039218.jpeg

Thought I’d try out new snowfoam setup I got for xmas. PA foam lance and AF Avalanche.
Not sure what all the fuss is about. Good fun but it’ll probably be up for sale soon in the classifieds! Not for me.

85B95B55-A664-4783-8B3B-FAB0870B5E11.jpeg

Hope you all have a Happy and Healthy 2018. Cheers

Best excuse for a drive out I've ever seen :smile:

Shame you're not sold on the snowfoam, seems very popular with the detailing massive on here. Perhaps your car was too clean for the SF to not have enough of an effect :wink:

Reactions: Big Ben
Much modification needed to the jets to fit them Ben? Might make that my task tomorrow along with cleaning the inside of my car..

I have to say I do agree re Snowfoam. I only use it as we've got an industrial Karcher at work and I can use it when I like, boss bought a foam lance last year and it's easy to use. Wouldn't physically go out and buy one myself though, nothing that a second wash round with a mitt/sponge couldn't do.

Was that picture the 'height' oF the foaming Ben.....or just a mid-way through shot ?

If you can achieve a seriously snot-like consistency that will dwell on the car for a good 5 mins; it will drag off all sorts of road-crud. Which you'll see by the cleanliness of your car....and the colour of the foam as it comes off. [Well. Not 'snot-like' in the case of BiltHammer Auto-Foam.....but that stuff really works none-the-less].

I would think if you didn't see this; its a combo of an already cleanish car, not enough snow-foam or an ineffective lance presuming the snow-foam itself is good - which i'm sure it is.

Have you used anything else / tried another process previously as a pre-wash to remove grime ? Traffic film remover, Citrus spray etc......

***Maybe you can experiment later on the other two cars in your driveway :smile:

So how do you rate the jets anyway !!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Ben
Best excuse for a drive out I've ever seen :smile:

Shame you're not sold on the snowfoam, seems very popular with the detailing massive on here. Perhaps your car was too clean for the SF to not have enough of an effect :wink:
I had to reward myself for my 30mins of effort :grinning:
Much modification needed to the jets to fit them Ben? Might make that my task tomorrow along with cleaning the inside of my car..

I have to say I do agree re Snowfoam. I only use it as we've got an industrial Karcher at work and I can use it when I like, boss bought a foam lance last year and it's easy to use. Wouldn't physically go out and buy one myself though, nothing that a second wash round with a mitt/sponge couldn't do.
Not much fiddling. The how-to couldn’t be much simpler. Only sticky issue was getting plastic clips out of underbonnet heat shield/ sound deadening to expose the pipework.

Reactions: Benno