Big Bens non Clio

I love how wrong the Speedo is...it said 55mph on straight :tearsofjoy:

Yeah I also wish I came out in, piles on speed so quickly!

Reactions: Big Ben
Snetterton update:
Could be the best trackday I’ve been to! Loads of gorgeous Clios, great weather conditions and some Lully pics to boot.
I can’t do the whole big write up thing as I’m not as good as most of you with the words. Half of you were there anyway so know what it was like lol.
Car is still in one piece thankfully. Temps do get high quickly on warm days limiting me to how many hot laps I can do. More plans to tackle that in the near future. Have a feeling it’ll be a never ending battle in summer though…
Nice to meet loads of new and old faces. Can’t wait for the next one3153ADAA-FC60-4B63-AE08-8F81B80D2214.jpeg209864ED-DF35-4B25-A936-2B34566DBF81.jpegA48CE0E3-BED1-4704-8B6B-DDBA3FBC2C7B.jpeg

Cheers mate. Only thing missing was you being with us.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Beany and Big Ben
Ben do you have a turbo cooler?

Also, look into a company called Thermomet on Instagram, they can fully lag your turbo, piping, and inlet and exhaust manifolds.
You should also look into a vented/louvered bonnet to get the heat out as that's where the majority of the issues with these conversions lie.

Reactions: Big Ben
Ben do you have a turbo cooler?

Also, look into a company called Thermomet on Instagram, they can fully lag your turbo, piping, and inlet and exhaust manifolds.
You should also look into a vented/louvered bonnet to get the heat out as that's where the majority of the issues with these conversions lie.
I think it’s hard to find room for one mate. Bay is too small. Remember having this conversation a year a so ago with someone else.
Happy to be proven wrong of course.
Louvres you say….stay tuned:wink:

Reactions: Sean197
Methanol will help for sure. Just a bit wank when it runs out.
Also yet another expense
I think I’ll max out the more traditional methods first before I look into extreme measures. Hopefully bonnet venting and bit of additional airflow will do the trick

Can only hope. Ducting/sealing your radiator against the openings will definitely help.
You could even try water injection as opposed to the methanol. Or maybe even an intercooler/heat exchanger sprayer like the old subarus used to run.

Or a massive blower with slightly less boost but more horsepower will make car even faster which speeds up airflow into the bay:thumb:

“There’s a hole in my bonnet, dear Liza, dear Liza…..”

Not one to let the grass grow under my feet I decided to take another step down the extra cooling and airflow road and got some holes cut in my bonnet by a nice chap at Cool Louvres.7D10FD8C-E8A9-42D4-B15D-064706AC7668.jpeg024F8711-A8C9-45B3-A0AF-E97264B819B4.jpegBBC6A973-176A-4131-AE82-BC50E162D4C9.jpeg

Done a very nice job at a very reasonable price. Car will also undergo some work at AWMotorworks in September on a new radiator/intercooler setup. Ultimate aim is to lap out on track until I’m ready to come in without worrying too much about high oil temps in summer. Personally I’m not convinced I’ll be able to do 10 laps in 30° heat but I’ll keep developing the car and see where it gets to

TFL

Last edited: