Big Bens non Clio

Changed the coils today and car is running sweet again. As you can see in the pic part of the rubber dust seal(?) that’s supposed to be halfway up the coil was stuck up the end of it.
I’ve no idea how that’s possible.

I’m slightly perturbed if I’m honest. That seems highly unlikely to be a freak occurrence and more likely an error by someone. I’ll probably never know.

Roll on saturday

0C4C378B-F76D-4041-81A1-01082099ABA3.jpeg

Changed the coils today and car is running sweet again. As you can see in the pic part of the rubber dust seal(?) that’s supposed to be halfway up the coil was stuck up the end of it.
I’ve no idea how that’s possible.

I’m slightly perturbed if I’m honest. That seems highly unlikely to be a freak occurrence and more likely an error by someone. I’ll probably never know.

Roll on saturday

View attachment 132945
[emoji85][emoji85][emoji85] Glad you sorted it

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Big Ben
Walbro 255 fuel pump pre fitted to OE sender unit courtesy of @trackspec197
Great service and communication. Cheers Matt
Not sure on when I’ll get this fitted. Will hopefully be before Cadwell on the 23rd May.

View attachment 132979
Jeepers Ben at the rate you're going the only thing Clio about your Clio will be the body shell!:wink:It's turning into an amazing car, keep up the good work!

Jeepers Ben at the rate you're going the only thing Clio about your Clio will be the body shell!:wink:It's turning into an amazing car, keep up the good work!

Apparently the ashtray is a standard part too :tearsofjoy:

Everytime i log on here its had like 5 'major' upgrades !

Ridiculously good spec now. Bet it drives like it too. ENJOY :sunglasses:

Bedford trackday update:

Stunning weather and loads of Clio’s which is always a great start....

Car split a driveshaft boot again in the morning. Same one as last time. Must be an underlying issue that needs looking at. @jamesgw200 saved the day again with some surgical gloves and some tape. Cheers bud:thumb:

Ran out of front pads near the end of the day and probably ruined the discs as well! Quite an expensive day lol

Other than that it was great fun. Car is flying round and a real blast.

Was great to meet some new forum members as well as some old. Always good friendly banter which makes the day more enjoyable. Hope to meet up again in the not too distant future

As ever I forgot to take pics. Sorry!!

Trackday booked for bank holiday Monday at Donington so dropped car in at Beaniesport yesterday for New discs and pads.
Stayed with Brembo HC discs as not much seems better. Took a punt on Winmax W5 pads. Get great reviews from a lot of Megane users so thought I’d see for myself.
Followed the bedding in instructions as read. Early impressions are mixed.
Very grabby which I suppose is good but the balance front to back feels off a tad. Probably need more pad than the ds2500 I’ve got on rears. Just need to get used to them!

Split CV boot was addressed by replacing the whole driveshaft which comes with a better looking gaitor than previous. Hoping this holds up. Options otherwise are genuine Renault which I believe are rubber gaitors as well or trying to get a custom fit plastic one made.

Couldn’t fault Beaniesport. Always nice seeing them guys.
3315B024-1B7F-4399-AC17-B1FF4AA493F1.jpeg 635B1B44-E951-4743-A2D5-238DE835E88B.jpeg 8320DF05-F54F-4EBA-A58E-CAE48B0486F5.jpeg

Ben, try OEM rear pads, as the rears are going to be harder to get temp into, the DS2500 (I personally don't like them at all) need a fair bit of heat to get feel, OEM might be better on the rear.

Ben, try OEM rear pads, as the rears are going to be harder to get temp into, the DS2500 (I personally don't like them at all) need a fair bit of heat to get feel, OEM might be better on the rear.
I like the logic of that mate. I’d never get ds2500 again but they just won’t wear out on the rear!! Loathe to change something with life in it still but that’s gotta be worth a shot.
Cheers

Reactions: suj
I like the logic of that mate. I’d never get ds2500 again but they just won’t wear out on the rear!! Loathe to change something with life in it still but that’s gotta be worth a shot.
Cheers

Haha you are definitely Indian like me then!
Try some OEM (aka Brembos or cheapest) then sell on the DS2500 and claw some cash back :smiley:

Reactions: Big Ben
Trackday booked for bank holiday Monday at Donington so dropped car in at Beaniesport yesterday for New discs and pads.
Stayed with Brembo HC discs as not much seems better. Took a punt on Winmax W5 pads. Get great reviews from a lot of Megane users so thought I’d see for myself.
Followed the bedding in instructions as read. Early impressions are mixed.
Very grabby which I suppose is good but the balance front to back feels off a tad. Probably need more pad than the ds2500 I’ve got on rears. Just need to get used to them!

Split CV boot was addressed by replacing the whole driveshaft which comes with a better looking gaitor than previous. Hoping this holds up. Options otherwise are genuine Renault which I believe are rubber gaitors as well or trying to get a custom fit plastic one made.

Couldn’t fault Beaniesport. Always nice seeing them guys.
View attachment 133302 View attachment 133303 View attachment 133304

What shaft did you use in the end Ben, need one for mine.

Donington went well bank holiday Monday. Car was faultless.

New Winmax W5 front pads are brilliant. Highly recommend them.

Haven’t got anything else booked yet. Tend to avoid summer events as the heat and high prices don’t suit!

Some decent pictures online but I can’t be buying them every time as it all adds up. You’ll have to make do with my one crap photo:grinning:

8329EC99-D0ED-4C8E-BEA3-9AE491DD052A.jpeg