Big Bens non Clio

@Johnny 99

As Peter said they’re DMACK tyres. I haven’t tried them yet so can’t give feedback. I’ve also bought some Dunlop Direzza so spoilt for choice at the minute!

Yes on this occasion they were cheaper than r888r

Reactions: Pav and Johnny 99
Were you doing the Pomeroy then John? We had a white mgb and a blue Morgan doing it. I wasn't there but my boss and colleague were.
Track day with Open Track. I saw a blue Morgan & a white one. Didn't see an MGB. Would've liked that as I owned a couple of MGB GTs. I've never done a track day like it. Loads of professional teams with articulated car transporters. Everything from classic & modern Ferraris, likewise classic & modern Mustangs to dozens of Citroen C1 racers practicing for a 24 hour race. Lotus Cortina, McLaren, BMW M cars, loads of Ginettas & Caterhams, Radicals etc. A few Clios & MX5s & a GT86 in the mix. It was a great day & we had good weather.

Reactions: Mark_L
Track day with Open Track. I saw a blue Morgan & a white one. Didn't see an MGB. Would've liked that as I owned a couple of MGB GTs. I've never done a track day like it. Loads of professional teams with articulated car transporters. Everything from classic & modern Ferraris, likewise classic & modern Mustangs to dozens of Citroen C1 racers practicing for a 24 hour race. Lotus Cortina, McLaren, BMW M cars, loads of Ginettas & Caterhams, Radicals etc. A few Clios & MX5s & a GT86 in the mix. It was a great day & we had good weather.

It was the Pomeroy trophy there as well. So that's why I assumed you were doing it.

Reactions: Johnny 99
Shit update:

Part worn direzzas I bought off
A Reeve performance are pretty poor and actually have a lump out of one which is unusable! Disappointed.

Hard to prove anything as well as they were wrapped up well and I didn’t spot it when I transferred them to my garage. Hard to see how I’ve done that myself though...
Have messaged the seller but so far no joy. Not confident.

Plus side is that I’ve got a fresh set of DMACK to put on. These are either going to be brilliant or total shit:grinning:

Wheels and tyres being collected Saturday after mapping at ED. Another update then

TFL

2A62EBD1-A75D-44C7-A3A2-4E3A471C4564.jpeg

Reactions: Beany
Shit update:

A Reeve performance are pretty poor and actually have a lump out of one which is unusable! Disappointed.

Hard to prove anything as well as they were wrapped up well and I didn’t spot it when I transferred them to my garage. Hard to see how I’ve done that myself though...
Have messaged the seller but so far no joy. Not confident.

Plus side is that I’ve got a fresh set of DMACK to put on. These are either going to be brilliant or total shit:grinning:

Wheels and tyres being collected Saturday after mapping at ED. Another update then

TFL

View attachment 131641
If you are not looking for wet performance, you will be very happy with them.

Anyway, if you ever wondered what happened to Commander Straker, here he is talking about your tyres!
Nice nail varnish by the way.

Reactions: Pav and Big Ben
If you are not looking for wet performance, you will be very happy with them.

Anyway, if you ever wondered what happened to Commander Straker, here he is talking about your tyres!
Nice nail varnish by the way.
Was just about to comment saying I thought his nails would be blue if anything [emoji2272][emoji23]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Shit update:

Utter poop. More poop they aren't interested either.

Make sure you mention this on Social Media wherever possible. *Grind the bastids down into the mud like.

This sort of shit gets on my goat. The onus is on them as a retailer / seller to check the goods before being sent and be honest in every way....not for you as a consumer to notice.....

Went to ED for mapping this morning.
Always a pleasure chatting with Andy.

298/315 was made which is par compared with similar spec cars he’s had on his rollers.
Maximum boost in the middle is 1.4bar so the turbo isn’t maxed out. Could probably beg (yes beg as he’s notoriously conservative!) for more out the engine but as it’s relatively new will wait until it’s covered some proper miles before making that decision.

In real terms on the drive home it now pulls very hard up to 6.5k and is noticeably quicker across the board!

Zero issues with how the car is running mechanically. All that’s left is to enjoy driving it.

E0905C48-285E-46B7-AE1A-D8A3029B47BF.jpeg