Big Bens non Clio

Would be another big outlay for me to jump to 350 so it’s not on the horizon at the minute!
Hybrid turbo/fuelling/clutch possibly?

Plus the additional traction issues may need a plated diff. Who knows. I’ll probably be bored with 300 by the end of summer and regret not going low compression:grinning:

If you're going to do it, you may as well do it properly! Save a lot of aggravation later on. That's my opinion anyway.

Update: car is booked in to Engine Dynamics for mapping 23rd February. Will try to get around 500miles on the new engine before I go.

Booked a trackday at Bedford 20th April with Javelin. Be nice if a few more Clios were in attendance:thumb:

God knows mate. It won’t be forged by then but it will have the new map. It’s booked in with Chris at EFI on the 18th Feb. Love Bedford though, one of those tracks where you can push to the absolute limits.
Did my first few trackdays there but haven’t been back for a while. Looking forward to it. Car has changed quite a bit and as you say can really get stuck in!

Engine update:

Cars been collected and Alex White has done a lovely job. Spec list is extensive so I’ve just taken a pic of it for those that are interested. Few unseen items needed doing which added to the final total a bit!
New radiator
New dog bone mount
New vacuum hose
Other than that well pleased.
Will put hopefully around 500 gentle miles on it before mapping on the 23rd. Will report back

A14C204F-1522-41E7-B6EF-4609A601E978.jpeg 27B1C229-5FC0-4F66-AA1C-4C2177B1EB1A.jpeg 7703FFBB-52A9-49C1-B7ED-F9CEC82DC013.jpeg

Update: car is booked in to Engine Dynamics for mapping 23rd February. Will try to get around 500miles on the new engine before I go.

Booked a trackday at Bedford 20th April with Javelin. Be nice if a few more Clios were in attendance:thumb:

500 miles doesn't take long to do, think it took me 2 days, did he give you running in instructions

Reactions: trackspec197
Engine update:

Cars been collected and Alex White has done a lovely job. Spec list is extensive so I’ve just taken a pic of it for those that are interested. Few unseen items needed doing which added to the final total a bit!
New radiator
New dog bone mount
New vacuum hose
Other than that well pleased.
Will put hopefully around 500 gentle miles on it before mapping on the 23rd. Will report back

View attachment 131503 View attachment 131504 View attachment 131506
Looks good Ben

Reactions: Big Ben
bloody hell Ben..what an update..looks really beautiful..what sort of power are you looking at with all this??
have you upgraded the fuel rail and pump too??

500 miles doesn't take long to do, think it took me 2 days, did he give you running in instructions
Revs are not an issue but trying to keep it off full boost for long is priority. My cars not a daily only a toy so I have to plan dedicated trips out! Managed 150miles Sunday morning in the dark:cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean197
bloody hell Ben..what an update..looks really beautiful..what sort of power are you looking at with all this??
have you upgraded the fuel rail and pump too??
Thanks Pav. Pleased with how it’s turned out.
Low 300’s is the target. Still want a road usable car.
No I’ve not touched the fuel pump but it does have a meg 275 rail

Reactions: Pav
Tyres arrived promptly courtesy of @NickD Thanks again.

Insurance sorted for the year. £348 all mods declared with Greenlight. Must be getting old:cry: limited to 5000miles to get it that price.

Car goes to AWMotorworks Sunday for forging. Updates as and when I get them.

TFL

View attachment 131080
Ben, what are these track tyres? I recognise the tread pattern but can't for the life of me remember what they are. Btw I'm massively impressed with the Toyo R888Rs I bought having tried them at Silverstone today. They're my 1st semi slicks so I'm interested to hear your thoughts on whatever yours are if they are significantly cheaper.

Reactions: Big Ben
Ben, what are these track tyres? I recognise the tread pattern but can't for the life of me remember what they are. Btw I'm massively impressed with the Toyo R888Rs I bought having tried them at Silverstone today. They're my 1st semi slicks so I'm interested to hear your thoughts on whatever yours are if they are significantly cheaper.
R888RS or R888s?
im going R888rs on my next set.

Were you doing the Pomeroy then John? We had a white mgb and a blue Morgan doing it. I wasn't there but my boss and colleague were.