Big Bens non Clio

good stuff with the engine, told you you'd get bored and want more power eventually :french:

Reactions: Pav
The Only thing is It goes up when you go above 300bhp, mine went up a bracket from £329 when I got a quote at 290, when I got it mapped it was over 300 so went up to £369, Limited to 5000miles with green light.

The Only thing is It goes up when you go above 300bhp, mine went up a bracket from £329 when I got a quote at 290, when I got it mapped it was over 300 so went up to £369, Limited to 5000miles with green light.
I’m sure I’ll cope with the £40 premium mate:thumb:

Reactions: Mark_L
Yes Ben got a 250/265 Turbo made 304bhp and 298lb/ft brought the torque down to keep it safe!
Lovely stuff. I’ve got a nice looking turbo off a 265 so should be around the same numbers.
How’s it get the power down? Any traction issues in the dry?

Lovely stuff. I’ve got a nice looking turbo off a 265 so should be around the same numbers.
How’s it get the power down? Any traction issues in the dry?

I got a 20k 265 turbo too! It goes well, traction control has to work hard though! I've an open diff at the moment Can't wait to get my r26 gearbox rebuilt and fitted! So it should be even better.

Reactions: Big Ben
Last piece of the puzzle.
Relocating the battery to the boot whilst engine is being rebuilt to make way for this induction pipe and oil catch can.
Guy on FB made the kit up for me for a decent price. Will need a bit of fettling as it’s for a meg R26 but shouldn’t be an issue!!
Some cold air ducting should hopefully help the car breath a bit better as well.
C24E3CF5-E164-4303-B89E-F2629C7CE5D3.jpeg

Update:
Head is off the engine and everything looks sweet so no need to re-bore which is a plus. Alex cracking on this week and may have it back together by the weekend!
Slight damage to the radiator which is a bit of a mystery. Currently debating a new rad or not...

CBF98A54-76B3-470B-9947-8DF00E88596F.jpeg C289EDD9-AB3A-423B-B811-90B849E136C8.jpeg

@Big Ben
That's good news,
I've looked for complete Alloy Rad's myself and can't seem to find any??

What pistons are you going for Ben? Keeping the std 9.5:1 compression or dropping to 8.5:1 to keep it safe if you want to go for more power?

@Big Ben
That's good news,
I've looked for complete Alloy Rad's myself and can't seem to find any??

What pistons are you going for Ben? Keeping the std 9.5:1 compression or dropping to 8.5:1 to keep it safe if you want to go for more power?
Someone beaniesport knows can make an alloy radiator from scratch but I’m a bit short notice for that!

Standard compression pistons mate I’m not chasing huge power in the Clio. If I want to crack 400 I’d just go and buy something like Blezards R26!

Reactions: trackspec197
Someone beaniesport knows can make an alloy radiator from scratch but I’m a bit short notice for that!

Standard compression pistons mate I’m not chasing huge power in the Clio. If I want to crack 400 I’d just go and buy something like Blezards R26!

Don't think there's much point in anymore than the 350 mark, Me and Matt, @trackspec197 have been discussing it.
Still the lower c/r is advisable if you go near these figures.

I'm probably going to use the the 8.5:1 myself. Just incase I go to the 350bhp in the future.

Going to make myself a Rad at some point, Just got to find a decent core.

Might do a turbo manifold too.

Don't think there's much point in anymore than the 350 mark, Me and Matt, @trackspec197 have been discussing it.
Still the lower c/r is advisable if you go near these figures.

I'm probably going to use the the 8.5:1 myself. Just incase I go to the 350bhp in the future.

Going to make myself a Rad at some point, Just got to find a decent core.

Might do a turbo manifold too.
Would be another big outlay for me to jump to 350 so it’s not on the horizon at the minute!
Hybrid turbo/fuelling/clutch possibly?

Plus the additional traction issues may need a plated diff. Who knows. I’ll probably be bored with 300 by the end of summer and regret not going low compression:grinning: