Big Bens non Clio

Can’t believe you sold it, being a Cat D and all...

:smiley:

Can’t vouch for a more thorough Meg converted 197 out there. Glad I got to be taken out for a few laps in it at Snetterton, what a weapon!
Good luck on your next adventure, the wait makes it more exciting, will give you plenty of time to find the right track beast.

Can’t believe you sold it, being a Cat D and all...

:smiley:

Can’t vouch for a more thorough Meg converted 197 out there. Glad I got to be taken out for a few laps in it at Snetterton, what a weapon!
Good luck on your next adventure, the wait makes it more exciting, will give you plenty of time to find the right track beast.

Cats out the bag now(pun intended)!

Cheers Micah. I’ve got a few ideas of what I’d like next but I’ll wait and see how I feel later in year.

Cars not being sold now. I’m keeping it.
Few little niggles to iron out still but ain’t that the life!
Had a good look round at what’s available as an alternative at the minute for my projected budget and couldn’t find anything remotely interesting.
Happy that I’ve made the right decision.

Apologies again to the guy who was buying. Pulling out on the deal at such a late stage is harsh I know.

Hope I didn’t influence you lol

Had a good look round at what’s available as an alternative at the minute for my projected budget and couldn’t find anything remotely interesting.

Apologies again to the guy who was buying. Pulling out on the deal at such a late stage is harsh I know.

Reactions: Big Ben

Happy to hear this too! After getting the car to this stage it would be a shame to sell it so soon.

I had the same trouble, love the clio's but wanted some boost. After buying the wife a mk5 gti, I realised how much I missed having a boosted car.

So a plan was made and it has changed several times but it's getting there.

Great decision.

Good news Ben! It would've been a pity to sell after having put so much time & money in to the car. Time to enjoy it now!

fooking hell mate..so you are telling me I'll have to return all the pressies I've got you and the forum collection to be cancelled??
haha just kidding Ben..really glad you are keeping her..in a real world there's not comparison to these in this price range..just the best bang for the buck i believe..
wish you no more strange ideas of selling :admin:

Mate, I do think you’ve done the right thing. Yes it’s a shame for the buyer but there are plenty of other cars around.

You’d have missed it instantly. And yep, there’s just nothing as good unless you spend a LOT more!

Celebratory road trip needed!

Reactions: Beany and Pav
fooking hell mate..so you are telling me I'll have to return all the pressies I've got you and the forum collection to be cancelled??
haha just kidding Ben..really glad you are keeping her..in a real world there's not comparison to these in this price range..just the best bang for the buck i believe..
wish you no more strange ideas of selling :admin:
Came real close. Won’t be repeating that any time soon. I need to stay patient when I’m not using it that’s my problem!!

Missus is on side again as well so quite the turnaround.

Mate, I do think you’ve done the right thing. Yes it’s a shame for the buyer but there are plenty of other cars around.

You’d have missed it instantly. And yep, there’s just nothing as good unless you spend a LOT more!

Celebratory road trip needed!
You’re probably right. Bang for buck it’s right up there.

Yes I’ll be out hooning soon enough:sunglasses:

Reactions: Mark_L and ///M
You've been through the mill with the Clio a couple of times havn't you Ben. I'm kind of just behind / with you on that..... :openmouth:

Plenty out their will trounce the Clio in lap-times / performance if your cars gonna be mainly a Track / Sunday blat car and that's the main consideration.

Likely to be a big financial leap and plenty of long-term upkeep too. Even more than a souped-up Renault (?). Very likely !

You've been through the mill with the Clio a couple of times havn't you Ben. I'm kind of just behind / with you on that..... :openmouth:

Plenty out their will trounce the Clio in lap-times / performance if your cars gonna be mainly a Track / Sunday blat car and that's the main consideration.

Likely to be a big financial leap and plenty of long-term upkeep too. Even more than a souped-up Renault (?). Very likely !
You’ve pretty much summed it up there!
I’d like a toy for a Sunday/meet/trackday. Just don’t want the bills:grinning:

I’m happy I’ve got it still that’s the main thing

Talking to @Micah about that earlier!
Game on

Ooooooh I did NOT realise it was a Sunday. Will wait to find out about my job then hopefully should know pretty soon after that!

Came real close. Won’t be repeating that any time soon. I need to stay patient when I’m not using it that’s my problem!!

Missus is on side again as well so quite the turnaround.

Yes you do! Obviously not the best set of circumstances around how it’s happened but I’m glad you (and the mrs) have made the right decision. Now to get it turning slightly less reminiscent to a large aircraft carrier... :wink:

Still spending money on the old girl making sure she’s in tip top condition as always.
Upper and lower engine mounts have been replaced. Some heat reflective tape wrapped around pipe from turbo to intercooler. Got a feeling this’ll make a noticeable difference. Thanks @trackspec197 for the inspiration!

As I’m keeping the car I plan to keep moving it forward(in my eyes).

Suspension is next on the want list. A dear item undoubtedly but something I’ll have to save up for.

Thanks for looking

38751E59-DBAB-432F-9829-7D4588D7D2C2.jpeg