Best wheels / colour for Albi Blue cup?

Currently have anthracite 12 spoke raiders, which I never really liked with silver brakes, but now really love with the red ones, unfortunately I have a small chip on one and a scuff on another, so am considering going for something different.

I have a set of gloss black Speedlines which I was going to get done in silver, but could go anthracite? I really don't know what to go for. Any suggestions?

Yeah, I wouldn't keep the Speedies black, just not sure what would look good. OE Speedies only come in black and white IIRC, and I don't fancy either of those. Not sure if I recall seeing any in anthracite or silver on a road car.

The anthracite wheels with red calipers (renault cup pack) on an albi blue 197 is an unbeatable combo in my eyes...

(check out the cool reflection of the tree on the bonnet)
dsc0029gf.jpg

12 spokes are way sexier than the speedlines i reckon, they suit the cars style so much more, your car is gorgeous as is, externally i honestly couldn't think of one way of improving it

woah woah woah

Ralphy i just read your mpg, how on earth do you get 30.6mpg?

The best i've seen it display is 25, today i was mostly in traffic but somehow it was staying around 17mpg!

I always preferred the Speedies, it is only since I got my red brakes that I liked these, in anthracite at least. Before the red brakes I was planning on going for silver Speedies but was so chuffed with the red behind these that I decided not to bother. I am so cross about scuffing the wheel because I was so happy with the way it looked beforehand, I am only contemplating changing as two of these could do with a refurb.

RE: MPG, whenever I am on the motorway I just set the cruse at 72mph. However the last tank did 31mpg, 375 miles, about 200 miles were M-way (still no more than 33-34mpg due to shorter box) and the other 175 miles were either in town or cross country blatting.

Doing the cat & fiddle with the speed limiter at 52mph probably doesn't hurt things though!

True, and I had worried about the red being too gaudy, but they look great behind the anth.

Different colours work better with different combos, but on Albi I prefer silver wheels with silver calipers to anthracite with silver calipers.

True, and I had worried about the red being too gaudy, but they look great behind the anth.

Different colours work better with different combos, but on Albi I prefer silver wheels with silver calipers to anthracite with silver calipers.
go for that sounds good to me:tongue_smilie:

I am so cross about scuffing the wheel

The first time i pulled my spotless 197 up outside my house i curbed it! I thought i was being careful & bloody curbed it first time parking!

I vowed from that moment on to never curb a car again :whatever: