Best wheel cleaner for anthracite wheels on rs200?

What are the best wheel cleaners to use on my rs200 anthracite wheels?
Was going to buy an Autoglym kit but not sure whether to get the Custom Wheel Cleaner or the Clean Wheels?

Billberry wheel cleaner is great stuff and lasts ages, cant remember who makes it

Best wheel cleaner I have used is zymol's but it ain't cheap!

Billberry is also good and because you can dilute it's very good value.

Thing is though if you wax your wheels it makes them 100 times easier to clean.

just dont let them get caked in brake dust and then just use car shampoo to remove the dust - and of course a waxing - then theres no need for strong cleaners :hug1:

billberry is my fave wheel cleaner, you can dilute it 10:1 and it still works really well. Waxing them works best as it prevents the dust sticking, you only need shampoo to clean them then, its not a 5 minute job though

billberry is my fave wheel cleaner, you can dilute it 10:1 and it still works really well. Waxing them works best as it prevents the dust sticking, you only need shampoo to clean them then, its not a 5 minute job though

its not that long though. Probs takes me 20-30mins per wheel to wash, clay, clense , wax and buff.

Plus if you use a good wax you only need to do that once every 6 months or 5000 miles.

If you are gonna wax them I wunt bother with a dedicated wheel wax, just use what ever you use on you paint.

Also if you wax them choose your wheel cleaner carefully. You dont want one that strips the wax.

just dont let them get caked in brake dust and then just use car shampoo to remove the dust - and of course a waxing - then theres no need for strong cleaners :hug1:

Agree with you. Next step up is APC/MPC, then a non-acidic wheel cleaner.

No point nuking your wheels if they don't need it.

APC/MPC will do for most people who look after their cars IME

As for wheel wax and sealant for wheels after trying lots over the years I personally don't think they're worth the hassle of the application for the benefits you get, i.e. they're slightly easier to wash next time around. If you wash your wheels every week or every 2 weeks then chances are if you drive 'normally' there won't be any stubborn brake dust. If there is some then it'll be nothing a weak mixture of APC can't remove anyway, so you're not saving any time or seeing any benefit from spending the time originally waxing or sealing the wheels.

If they were big flat faced spokes and took 2 minutes to do then I'd say knock yourself out. On the 197 wheels I wouldn't bother wasting my time doing it as part of routine maintenence. Maybe as a one off.

its not that long though. Probs takes me 20-30mins per wheel to wash, clay, clense , wax and buff.

Plus if you use a good wax you only need to do that once every 6 months or 5000 miles.

But when I do it I remove the wheels to do them inside as well. Oh and I clean the callipers and arches lol