Benno's UR197 & Meg 250

Looks like you had an incredible time man!!
Spa living up to its reputation clearly...

Loving that picture on track too, looks at home :wink:

Cheers mate! Slowly getting it where I want it to be! Holding fire on anything just now as I reckon an expensive engine related bill is coming up.

Spa was brilliant but more importantly it was in great company. Should come along to a track day in the summer mate, I know a few of the lads are looking into arranging something!

Reactions: Pav
Looks like you had a great time mate! Don't even worry about the spin(s), it happens and it's all learning :smiley:

Upwards and onwards.

Reactions: Pav and Benno

Funnily enough it's in my watch list on eBay....:tearsofjoy: if it's terminal, it's happening!

Looks like you had a great time mate! Don't even worry about the spin(s), it happens and it's all learning :smiley:

Upwards and onwards.

Cheers mate! Exactly, was pushing the car with the T/C off on a wet track and it just didn't want to be there haha! Rainsports will go on the Speedlines to give me an option in the future.

Cheers mate! Slowly getting it where I want it to be! Holding fire on anything just now as I reckon an expensive engine related bill is coming up.

Spa was brilliant but more importantly it was in great company. Should come along to a track day in the summer mate, I know a few of the lads are looking into arranging something!

Hmmm double edged sword!
If it’s broke, new toys!
If it isn’t, spare moneys for new toys haha! :wink:

Oh I’ll definitely be along if I’m free, be good to meet a few people and have a few laps at the same time.

That is epic mate!! May send you a couple more tomorrow if that’s alright with you?

You're welcome mate. Was such a cool shot it deserved a bit of attention to make it a bit better.

And sure, feel free to send the others over and I'll see if I have time. :thumb:

Reactions: Sean197
Real strange one. Went out and checked the oil, bang on where I topped it up to before leaving Spa.

bd38755a188998133b05437a41f31480.jpg

No noise on start up either...I suppose the only explanation is that it’s French?

Keeping an eye on it for now..

We've experienced weired oil consumption on both mine and Sarah's car when on track before. Sometimes consumes a little bit of oil on track at high rev's but never under normal driving and also came across an engine that was complete opposite. Only used a little bit under normal driving but never anything on track. Keep an eye on it and see how it goes. The noise you speak of though may be pointing to something actually being a miss though!

Reactions: Benno
We've experienced weired oil consumption on both mine and Sarah's car when on track before. Sometimes consumes a little bit of oil on track at high rev's but never under normal driving and also came across an engine that was complete opposite. Only used a little bit under normal driving but never anything on track. Keep an eye on it and see how it goes. The noise you speak of though may be pointing to something actually being a miss though!

Cheers Tom, nice to know I’m not the only one! Noticed the noise again starting it whilst warm last night, puzzling but will get a video posted!

Finally got a dry afternoon today to get a quick maintenance clean done on the car, not much mileage to be done for the next few weeks so just fancied a quick clean to get rid of the Spa trip mud and grime.

e7d16de6f391d65c33b4112771512edd.jpg

Cleaned all the wheels first, using AF Imperial and AG shampoo. Then onto the bodywork, used Citrus Power for the first time, can’t say I’m overly impressed but it did seem to make the larger bits a little easier to remove.

4ad353dfda06a5c44f0710e98d98c0d4.jpg

4e8d0549b4c5bb2bb57274a7dd31d526.jpg

Covered in Toffee Avalanche snowfoam, allowed to sit for a few mins to break all the grime down and blasted off. Back to AG shampoo for a contact wash, it really was filthy.

71b4c937ae0356aafce56d22c7cdbaa0.jpg

After getting the bodywork nice and shiny (red) again, sprayed with Aqua Coat to bead and then topped off with a light application of Glisten spray wax.

68b23f5863dc2a7b5aa8f8088eb3c153.jpg

c242f3df226200675ecd0199233d4e34.jpg

Again, first time using Glisten, very impressed. Buffed off easily and my god don’t Auto Finesse know how to make a great smelling product?!

Talking of which....had this air freshener for ages and thought I’d put it in, wish I did it sooner!!

e64aaee3f2f92dd59f23ee25da5d52e4.jpg

Looking awesome Ben! I still think that Ultra Red is one of the best colours for a 197 (even though I am not normally a red colour fan).

PS I love the wheels too....jealous!

You little AF whore:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Looks great Ben. Love their products. Use most of them myself...

Can't believe the contrast in dirt and what lies underneath! Looking good mate - did you shed a tear removing the spatters of Belgian mud off the sides?
Seriously need to use up my Meguiars stock and get on the AF bandwagon!

Looking awesome Ben! I still think that Ultra Red is one of the best colours for a 197 (even though I am not normally a red colour fan).

PS I love the wheels too....jealous!

Wheels are probably still the best thing I think I’ve bought so far!

Cheers mate, was never a fan of the red and nearly didn’t buy it...SO glad I did!

look at her in her glory..knew there was red paint underneath the dirt :sweatsmile:

good job Ben

cant beat a clean UR

There’s red somewhere in there...I forgot how bright the colour is when it’s clean!

You little AF whore:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Looks great Ben. Love their products. Use most of them myself...

That’s me:tearsofjoy: can’t get enough of it!

Can't believe the contrast in dirt and what lies underneath! Looking good mate - did you shed a tear removing the spatters of Belgian mud off the sides?

It was hard I must admit...but I’m in love with the colour again..! Get involved mate, trying to find an excuse to place another order ASAP....

4E604A23-146A-4546-9900-8F340E398A03.jpeg

They’re just up the road from me. Always get good discount in person!
Let me know if you want anything:thumb:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Spotted 1
decon Spotted 1
luke3 Gallery 7
MikeH Spotted 0
1 Spotted 3