BBC Loses F1 to Sky Sports!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9550930.stm

I genuinely can't describe how disappointed I am about this. The BBC coverage is absolutely brilliant, and its free for people to watch!

They've basically lost half the races. BBC has half the races, but Sky Sports have ALL the races, so if you actually want to follow the season you need to buy Sky Sports.

Personally I think its pointless BBC keeping HALF the races, I mean if you can't actually follow the whole season whats the point?!

Changes take affect from 2012-2018!

...it is truly ****e....I hate SKY...before long they will have everything....the BBC will be showing tennis or tennis...and then some repeats of tennis....

Gutted tbh. The BBC has perfected how to cover a race weekend this year and now we're gonna lose all that.

Fuming doesnt cover it.

I have Sky Sport anyway but you just have to look at their NASCAR and IndyCar covergae to see that their F1 will be pish. The only hope is that Sky sign up the current BBC team as its the best team to cover F1 ever.

well i wont be paying to watch it so will only watch the "free" races.....could be the death bell ringing for F1 at this rate :jumpon:

I can't believe BBC has done this, their coverage is great and i think it's even award winning? F1 popularity will plumit when they stop covering everything.

I watch every race and qualifying but don't have sky. I won't be paying £30 a month to watch the F1 either

its down to the usual f1 greed that is bernie ecclestone - sky will pay more than bbc1....it will soon all go to pay-to-view

This is absolutely astonishing! It is as you say all about the money and the people actually watching week in week out have not been taken into consideration!

I think you will still be able to stream every race live for free though although thats not ideal for everyone..

Gutted, a bad day for motorsport. I have sky but don't have sky sports as the only sports I watch are F1 and FMX, def won't be paying extra to watch a few races with pish commentary and even more ads breaks than when it was on ITV, Sky dont wanna even think about pay per viewing it either, rip off....

Well I aren't paying for it out of protest!

Massive BBC slip up IMO, their shows have been brilliant!

they should dump BBC3, BBC4, all the weird and bizarre radio stations that they have. They would save loads of cash!

words cannot describe how much I hate this.

the BBC coverage is awesome. I won't be paying for crappy Sky with Ad breaks and probably god awful commentators.

/rant!

I pay for Sky Sports and HD but I'm still gutted. The beeb have raised the bar on how F1 should be presented, I can only see Sky being a step backwards. Not happy

What a load of ****e. BBc think they have done well showing 1/2 the races..are they mad.
I have sky but wont be getting sky sports.
Sad day for f1 n motorsport.

Although I have the Sky Sports HD channels I am still disgusted this has happened. To be honest the BBC can't compete with Sky when licensing global sporting events such as Boxing, Football and F1.

They should focus more investment on home grown viewing with a few quality HD channels that have a range of viewing like documentries, entertainment, music, arts, news, global issues and stuff for the family.

:worried: BBC coverage of F1 is the only thing i actually sit down and watch the whole thing of ( practise/quali/race) and look forward too! Thanks sky!!! ive got sky sports but it will be just the same as itv's coverage, breaks every 5mins so u get fed up and do something else.