**Battery Surround Removal?**

Makaveli160

Paid Member
Looking to take out my ITG Maxogen to give it a good clean, as its lost its roar and i think this is down to it being dirty.

Because of the size of it i cant get it out past the battery and surround.

Could anybody give me a couple of simple intructions on removing the battery & surround?

It looks like its just held in by a few surrounding bolts?

Is there anything i need to worry about d/c the battery, am i right in thinking i will need the radio code?

Thanks

It should all clip out and you will need a long socket to get the main bolt out,I clean my maxogen with petrol it drys quicker.

It should all clip out and you will need a long socket to get the main bolt out,I clean my maxogen with petrol it drys quicker.

Could you explain abit better the 'clip out' please?

I takeit i need to undo the bolt first? Then...am i pulling up, unclipping from around the bottom edge or...?

Just dont want to snap anything as its all plastic, i take it u dont have problems d/c your batery?

Could you explain abit better the 'clip out' please?

I takeit i need to undo the bolt first? Then...am i pulling up, unclipping from around the bottom edge or...?

Just dont want to snap anything as its all plastic, i take it u dont have problems d/c your batery?

yeah undo the bolts unclipping from around bottom edge and should come out,fuse boxs on the side just slide out to.

8612201831_f876cc5718_b.png
IMAG0233 by chickster2012, on Flickr

Thanks Alot.

Cant see the pic as it wont load at work.

I might be able to squeeze it out looking at it, without removing the battery.

But just need to know if im safe to unplug this cable as annoyingly its been put over the top so i cant remove the ITG without unplugging it, or the longer method removing the battery and surround.

You wouldnt know what it is would you, and if i would be safe unplugging it for awhile to get the induction out??

See link below, im limited to what i can post atm as im at work.

http://clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?p=387882#post387882