Battery Relocation questions

mattb03

Paid Member
Hi
Going to be relocating the battery to the boot soon just wondered what people have done about the fuse boxes attached to the plastic battery tray as I want to ditch the battery tray.
Any pics would be great.

Cheers Matt

To achieve a clean result, you kind of need to change the wiring about a little bit. I split the loom to be able to have the fuses up by where the ECU is and make space for my V6 airbox and removed the acoustic valve whilst keeping the solenoid plugged in to avoid the car sketching out.

To get the fuse box that sits the furthest forward up by the ECU, you'll need to extend one of the wires, the wire is long on one side but not the other so it will need a boost to get up there. Once its all in place where you want it, you can loom tape it back up to make it look OEM and neat. The red fuse holder has had the metal bracket that sticks out cut off so it doesn't short on anything and I've just cable tied it to one of the other cables.

Its hard to explain off the top of my head but I've shown a photo of how mine sits now, its nice and neat and made a good amount of space for the V6 airbox whilst keeping the bay clean and somewhat organised.

Attachments

• 20190519_154913.jpg
    20190519_154913.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 200
To achieve a clean result, you kind of need to change the wiring about a little bit. I split the loom to be able to have the fuses up by where the ECU is and make space for my V6 airbox and removed the acoustic valve whilst keeping the solenoid plugged in to avoid the car sketching out.

To get the fuse box that sits the furthest forward up by the ECU, you'll need to extend one of the wires, the wire is long on one side but not the other so it will need a boost to get up there. Once its all in place where you want it, you can loom tape it back up to make it look OEM and neat. The red fuse holder has had the metal bracket that sticks out cut off so it doesn't short on anything and I've just cable tied it to one of the other cables.

Its hard to explain off the top of my head but I've shown a photo of how mine sits now, its nice and neat and made a good amount of space for the V6 airbox whilst keeping the bay clean and somewhat organised.
Cheers, that's a big help