Battery Life - What's the Longest I can Leave My RS200 Parked and Locked?

OK, - I keep my RS200 in France.

Leaving it in a secure long term car park for c.6 weeks.

1. Will a healthy battery last that long ?

2. Should I disconnect it ?

3. Presumably I would then lock it manually ?

Any advice appreciated

thanks

Your always best disconnecting the battery when not using it for a long period.

Not sure how you sort the locking. Presume you lock all the doors then disconnect and only use the drivers door then?

I left mine for 4 months in the garage whilst I worked abroad a few years ago, nobody checked on it and it wasn't even unlocked let alone run up.

Needless to say it fired up first time and drove perfectly! Just needed a wash lol.

Having said that I once left my 1.4 Clio for 8 months outside and even that fired up first time, never had trouble with Renault batteries ( touch wood ).

All depends on the battery condition.. if it's fully charged and in good/newsish cond then you can get away with 'XX' amount of weeks/months.. but I wouldn't risk leaving a car 6+ weeks with a battery that may or may not be in good cond.. unless of course your not bothered charging it if it does run flat.

I always used to disconnect the battery on my previous track cars between use as it keeps the battery in better cond (eg less drain + saves battery becoming discharged) and saved me the ball ache of having to charge (+ it's not good to keep recharging and you run the risk of ruining the battery unless using a trickle charger)

Personally I would leave the handbrake off too (put a brick under a wheel or leave it in gear).

All done.

You open the bonnet, lock the car with the remote, remove the battery connection, shut the bonnet, open with the key. Simple

Not sure how long it will be before I'm back, but I miss it already.

I have left mine for 12 weeks in the past a number of times and not had a single issue apart from the brakes stick a little (hand brake was off)