balljoints

hi all ive posted this in the clio 200 section but im pretty sure the suspension setup is the same. heres my problem. i need to replace the lower wishbone balljoints as both are split and knocking like f*** now. do i just replace the ball joints or do i replace the whole wishbone. the ball joints look like they screw in. also the 2 droplinks on both sides need replacing. anyone know of anywhere cheap online to buy.

You can buy the balljoints from various people (Renault, RSports, K-tec & Forum Members & Ebay) and they are can be unscrewed from the lower wishbone as in this topic - https://clio197.net/threads/marcbs-ly-clio-197-f1-r27.58100/page-8#post-709516

There is a tool which can be bought to get them unscrewed out very easily which can be bought online.

My only advice is that the arms are alloy so watch incase you thread or ruin the arm completely.

On the other side you could buy an arm with everything there and its a straight swap over with no messing about and not trying to get ball joints out by welding them or making sure they are tight and fitted correctly.

s-l500-2.jpg s-l500.jpg

Reactions: kipperfeet
You can buy the balljoints from various people (Renault, RSports, K-tec & Forum Members & Ebay) and they are can be unscrewed from the lower wishbone as in this topic - https://clio197.net/threads/marcbs-ly-clio-197-f1-r27.58100/page-8#post-709516

There is a tool which can be bought to get them unscrewed out very easily which can be bought online.

My only advice is that the arms are alloy so watch incase you thread or ruin the arm completely.

On the other side you could buy an arm with everything there and its a straight swap over with no messing about and not trying to get ball joints out by welding them or making sure they are tight and fitted correctly.

View attachment 133242 View attachment 133243
Cheers MarcB. im going to buy the whole wishbone. Thanks for the advice.

Well let me know when your done with the old ones and I'll sort you out with something if it helps offset the price of new ones.

I wouldn't say easy to remove like has been said twice in this thread.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk