Bahrain Grand Prix (SPOILER ALERT)

Great to have F1 back on the tellybox :thumbup: Finally a proper mans sport 8)

Anyway, i thought the opening race of the season was a little uneventful, nothing really out the oridinary.

Superb result for Ferrari though (1st and 2nd), and Alonso looked very pleased to be back on the top spot.

Also a round of applause for Massa upon his return and wandering in with 2nd place... not many people can claim to taking a 1kg spring in the face at 150mph only to return to racing and do that!

Vettel, i was rooting for i must admit, a talented young man in an ever improving car, sadly let down by (what was claimed in the race) to be an exhaust failure. After putting in a stonking qualifying lap for pole and then holding the lead for 2/3's of the race, sadly bowed out into 4th after also loosing out to Hamilton.

Schumacher rolled in with 6th place. And to be honest, to say hes been out for a few years, and unfamilair with the car and new rules, thats not a bad effort! I also had to laugh when he went for a sniff round the McLaren at the end of qualifying... nothing new there then!

As said by Eddie Jordan though, team effort has to go to Lotus for having both cars finish the race. Yes they have plenty of experience, but not with modern rules and technology, and to come green (no pun intended) into a new season and have BOTH cars make it across the line is a worthy acheivement.

Bahrain track with its new section seemed a bit "rushed" with places on the circuit looking as rough as hell! Hopefully theyll improve that for next year so those infield corners can be ran a bit faster.

Standings at the end of Bahrain 2010

1 Fernando Alonso Spa Ferrari 25
2 Felipe Massa Brz Ferrari 18
3 Lewis Hamilton GB McLaren-Mercedes 15
4 Sebastian Vettel Ger Red Bull-Renault 12
5 Nico Rosberg Ger Mercedes GP 10
6 Michael Schumacher Ger Mercedes GP 8
7 Jenson Button GB McLaren-Mercedes 6
8 Mark Webber Aus Red Bull-Renault 4
9 Vitantonio Liuzzi Ita Force India-Mercedes 2
10 Rubens Barrichello Brz Williams-Cosworth 1
11 Robert Kubica Pol Renault 0
12 Adrian Sutil Ger Force India-Mercedes 0
13 Jaime Alguersuari Spa Toro Rosso-Ferrari 0
14 Nico Hulkenberg Ger Williams-Cosworth 0
15 Heikki Kovalainen Fin Lotus F1 0
16 Sebastien Buemi Swi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 0
17 Jarno Trulli Ita Lotus F1 0
18 Pedro de la Rosa Spa BMW Sauber 0
19 Bruno Senna Brz Hispania Racing F1 0
20 Timo Glock Ger Virgin Racing 0
21 Vitaly Petrov Rus Renault 0
22 Kamui Kobayashi Jpn BMW Sauber 0
23 Lucas di Grassi Brz Virgin Racing 0
24 Karun Chandhok Ind Hispania Racing F1 0

1 Ferrari 43
2 McLaren-Mercedes 21
3 Mercedes GP 18
4 Red Bull-Renault 16
5 Force India-Mercedes 2
6 Williams-Cosworth 1
7 Renault 0
8 Toro Rosso-Ferrari 0
9 Lotus F1 0
10 BMW Sauber 0
11 Hispania Racing F1 0
12 Virgin Racing 0

Yeah it was a bit dull! Im pretty gutted for Chandhok, but I did say he would make it round the first lap and that would be it for today!

Plenty of teething problems for all of the teams except Ferrari, to be expected by some be some of the team should have been above that!

Can anyone explain why Ferrari were allowed to change engines and not be penalised?

Yeah it was a bit dull! Im pretty gutted for Chandhok, but I did say he would make it round the first lap and that would be it for today!

Plenty of teething problems for all of the teams except Ferrari, to be expected by some be some of the team should have been above that!

Can anyone explain why Ferrari were allowed to change engines and not be penalised?

U have 8 engines per year, as long as you dont go over that you'll be fine.

Yeah was a shame, but alot riding on him. Also seems to be the only man out there with a personality!

I lol'd when he moaned in qualifying that the car was hurting his bum :smiley:

was a good race in some respects but bad in others. All that the ban on refueling seems to have done is switch fuel for tyre strategeis. If they want to take the tactics out of it and make people fight then make it the same as the BTCC. But as ususal no overtaking as they get into each others "dirty air"

what they need to do to make overtaking possible again is to remove all over body aerodynamics and minimise the wings, this will massively reduce/remove the problem of following in the turbulent wake of the car in front.

to get the grip back, they need to re introduce ground effect cars (not massively affected by a turbulent wake), but police it very heavily.

also, if they want to see some real development coming from F1, they need to stop the engine freeze and say to the teams "you have a maximum of X horsepower and Y torque, now build an engine". Keep the ban on refuelling as this will help produce engines with relevant economic and environmental technologies.

The two tyre compound rule needs to be ditched aswell, i think they should offer the teams two compounds but they dont have to run them both if they dont want to, they should even be able to run the whole race distance on the one set if they fancy it, but the other compound should be softer but will require a change during the race to complete the full distance.

Much prefer Touring car. I can relate to it better and you don't need to sell a kidney to get a ticket! And you get Clios

what they need to do to make overtaking possible again is to remove all over body aerodynamics and minimise the wings, this will massively reduce/remove the problem of following in the turbulent wake of the car in front.

to get the grip back, they need to re introduce ground effect cars (not massively affected by a turbulent wake), but police it very heavily.

also, if they want to see some real development coming from F1, they need to stop the engine freeze and say to the teams "you have a maximum of X horsepower and Y torque, now build an engine". Keep the ban on refuelling as this will help produce engines with relevant economic and environmental technologies.

The two tyre compound rule needs to be ditched aswell, i think they should offer the teams two compounds but they dont have to run them both if they dont want to, they should even be able to run the whole race distance on the one set if they fancy it, but the other compound should be softer but will require a change during the race to complete the full distance.

+1 to most of that lol

The 2 compound rule has always been a joke to me

I thought it was really dull. Hoping the rest of the season shall be better, but doesn't look like it's going to be the thrilling races that they wanted it to be. The powers that be make too many changes, trying to make all the cars so even, but all they've done it make it so even that you basically finish wherever you qualify (without mistakes and failures etc) I think the refueling made it more exciting as teams would run different strategies. However it was good to see Schumacher back, and I'd love to see him win some races, hopefully he'll do some classic cheating and make it more exciting. Oh and I miss Kimi Raikkonen :worried: gutted that he left. So all in all, not pleased with F1 2010 so far! Hope Australia is better!!!

Similar Thread Suggestions