Back Box inside

Does anybody know how the inside of an exhaust OEM back box looks?

Really hoping that someone opened it and took some pictures.

Thanks in advance!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

There is pictures of one cut open I have them but they are on the PC at home I'll not back until tomorrow night from memory it has three chambers.

Reason for asking was that I am trying to eliminate an annoying exhaust drone. Experimented already with the exhaust manifold and middle dampers without success. I can know study on the back box to see what we can do. Thanks again!

Do you know by any chance whether the piping on the sides (under the wool) are perforated pipes?

The back box will not drone is the exhaust standard or have you used the wrong word to describe the noise are you sure the tips are not touching the diffuser hole or the plastic diffuser flapping making noise. The middle box is what makes a drone

The back box will not drone is the exhaust standard or have you used the wrong word to describe the noise are you sure the tips are not touching the diffuser hole or the plastic diffuser flapping making noise. The middle box is what makes a drone

it is definitely exhaust drone, made sure nothing is touching. cat and middle damper was finally made without droning and good scavenging. Droning came up after some time but at higher rpm (4000) so suspecting back box, corrosion inside with a hole maybe, wool gone bad..

Looking at your picture, it makes sense (and is fun :smile:)to open it, renew the perforated piping in the middle box for something decent and fill all side chambers with quality wool and i am good for another 100.000 kilometers [emoji3]

The sound is really a droning frequency sound around 4000 rpm that is annoying for ears and car. The whole car starts to vibrate at this rpm. Checked whether nothing is touching and also that the heat shield is not loose. The sound is also not a ‘touching’ sound. To make sure I might remove the diffuser and go for a test drive to rule this out.