B5 RS4 avant

Really fancy one of these for ages. Drove a standard 380 brake one and you won't believe how quick these cars are. Remap and exhaust 400 big ones!!! Problem being is the prices are still strong, mileages are high as are the running costs, Insurance is stupid and they are known to eat turbos and gearboxes....still want one!!!

Last edited:
epic car but monmental running cost, and the clutches don't last long either 14K miles min depending on how you drive. but you only live once

They are amazing, but I can only begin to imagine how much the running costs would be. Weekend car, that's not really a weekend car. If you know what I mean? Ha ha!

I do love these, also love the later RS4's. Expensive to run though, as mentioned.

I was toying with the idea of an E46 M3 earlier, but from what I can gather high 20's mpg is as good as it gets, and that's before the VANOS packs up. Reckon a 3.0 will have to do.

Great cars but Id have an E39 M5 over one any day. Running cost are massive on them too though.

We had one years ago when it was the current M5...I miss that car sooo much :lol:

Great cars but Id have an E39 M5 over one any day. Running cost are massive on them too though.

We had one years ago when it was the current M5...I miss that car sooo much :lol:

Another superb car. I had my friends for 2 weeks whilst he was on holiday 2 years ago. Big car but from the inside out, drove like it was half its size.....

Another superb car. I had my friends for 2 weeks whilst he was on holiday 2 years ago. Big car but from the inside out, drove like it was half its size.....

That was my first impression of it, it sooo didn't feel its size. Extremely chuckable too and 4th gear is just immense.

Be so careful with these. A lot of these are the cause of home invasions as they don't 'stand out' as fast cars and look like estates to the unknowing eye and are then used in robberies by the people who have stolen it.
It's why insurance I ridiculous on them.

Sublime cars though. Not my kind of thing in the looks department but would put up with it for the speed if I could afford the upkeep!