B14’s

petercronin

Paid Member
Basically I’ve just ordered some and have a couple of questions that I’m hoping someone can help with.

I don’t know that much about them or the Clio’s standard setup for that matter. Does anyone know if they come with bump stops? I’m sure I’ve read that the standard top mounts have the bump stops integrated into them - am I right? The plan is to fit compbrake solid top mounts so do I need some bump stops from somewhere.

Also am I right in thinking the front coilovers come with a rubber gaiter but for the rears you have to transfer the plastic one from the standard damper.

I’ve never seen a coilover that comes with a gaiter, happy to be told otherwise mind, rears should fit as you use standard mounts, I’d also presume you could cut down your factory bumpstops to use depending on how low you go, they work well just floating on the damper rod generally, although I’d also question if you need a bump stop with coilover springs... what bumps are you gonna hit to squash em that much?

I’ve never seen a coilover that comes with a gaiter, happy to be told otherwise mind, rears should fit as you use standard mounts, I’d also presume you could cut down your factory bumpstops to use depending on how low you go, they work well just floating on the damper rod generally, although I’d also question if you need a bump stop with coilover springs... what bumps are you gonna hit to squash em that much?

That’s partly why I’m asking? I don’t know what other people have done.

I was throwing my ideas out there also to confirm or deny my preconceived ideas...

Fair enough. Hopefully somebody who’s in the know will come along soon. I know there’s plenty of people who run these coilovers so somebody must be able to say what they did.

Somebody who’s got B14’s fitted must be around?? I’d just like to know what if anything you’ve had to transfer from the oem setup when you fitted the B14’s.

To give you an answer mate, the B14 fitting instructions say that their front struts have a bump stop in built and the rears you use the oem one. From what I’ve heard the B14’s aren’t that much stiffer than the cup chassis so bottoming out might be possible.

Basically I’ve just ordered some and have a couple of questions that I’m hoping someone can help with.

I don’t know that much about them or the Clio’s standard setup for that matter. Does anyone know if they come with bump stops? I’m sure I’ve read that the standard top mounts have the bump stops integrated into them - am I right? The plan is to fit compbrake solid top mounts so do I need some bump stops from somewhere.

Also am I right in thinking the front coilovers come with a rubber gaiter but for the rears you have to transfer the plastic one from the standard damper.

Sorry just seen this. Can confirm the fronts come with gaiters and the rears you use standards.

Sorry just seen this. Can confirm the fronts come with gaiters and the rears you use standards.

Thanks, I thought so too - mine haven’t. The instructions suggest that new style top mount ones don’t have them. I’ve just heard from someone else too who’s asked Bilstein and they’ve stopped supplying them.