Audi S3 8L questions

So it's that time of year that my employer decided to give me a bonus and payrise, and forever I've wanted to buy an Audi S3 but never had the cash or desire to buy an oldish car.

But now I have the diposable income I've so sorely wanted I want to spend it :smile:
Just wanted to know if anyone here has any experience of the mk1 Audi s3, I used to own a t reg 1.6 a3 so know about the electrical and mechanical niggles such as windows and door locks but wondered if there was anything to watch out for engine/drivetrain wise? Haldex diffs etc also can anyone confirm if the BAM engine has forged parts? Sure I've read somewhere they do but can't find it again :worried:

i would look on Audi forums but thought I'd ask here first since your such a friendly bunch :wink:

I'll still have the clio to keep me sharp haha just be nice to have a cruiser for daily and a wee bit of power if needed, just can't bring myself to buy a diesel haha

the usual stuff as with any other car, ensure its been well maintained and serviced and the rest is hoping nothing major goes...

I've just bought an edition 30 golf gti, same engine. Definitely not boring to drive! Pulls so well in any gear, absolutely love it.

Everyone says German cars are very boring to drive but I've not found that at all!

Scrap that, 8L is the 1.8T I think, either way I really like them haha!
Yeah 1.8 20v turbo :smiley: but at 225bhp not far off a tfsi remap should see it at 250ish :smile: I know the 2.0tfsi is bullet proof but unsure of these old engines although being an Audi not sure I'll have any major issues. Had a look at Audi forums an seems to all be minor issues with failed diffs being the biggest problem