Ashton's 200T EDC - Red Splitter Blade

Ashton

200T Test Pilot
Platinum Member
Well seeing as though i didn't do a dedicated project thread for my old car i thought i would take the time to do one for my new car.

Collected the car today at 9am. Was nice to see it parked pride of place at the front of the dealership waiting for my arrival

Half hour or so later when all the paperwork was sorted i got a good overview of the controls and i set off home

1st impression are very good. had a steady drive back to Leicester and had a few opportunities to make use of the torque from the turbo on the A47 when the crawler lanes opened up and i was stuck behind the Sunday drivers. The way is delivers torque is great and the parps on up-shifts nice too

Just been out again in the car again and i had 3 comments in the fuel station, which was nice

Brakes are very positive and they do give you a good amount of stopping power. I dont know what they will be like on track against the 330mm that i had on the old car but im sure im will find out.......until Alcon sort the 356mm 6-pots

Now the gearbox......I like it. Yes its different from what we are all used to but as far as the shift speeds are concerned no problem at all. just been up the dual carriageway at XYZ speed in 6th and it dropped to 5th, then to 4th with no issues at all.

Tried the launch control once and i can definitely believe the 6.7 0-60 time

The R-Link system takes a bit of getting used to but im sure i will pick that up along the way
'
I'm not going to go all geeky like some kind of motoring journo but all i can say is that I'm glad i bought it. Yes i could have had a Fiesta ST but in all fairness i didn't want 1. I seen 3 on the way home last night and on that fact alone I'm more than happy i have what i have.

I have swapped over the standard air filter already for the K-Tec hi flow version......couldn't resist a little mod as a welcome gift

2ikdx0n.jpg

Car is also booked in a MCC on Wednesday for a Hexis/3M gloss black roof. This is a big thing for me. i wouldn't be able to live without the roof being black

Here are a couple of pics from when i got it home

66glq9.jpg

b3lvkj.jpg

Thanks for reading

More updates, mods and pics to come soon

Kenny

Last edited:
yeah the spoiler will stay white. just the roof getting done black

I think, but I'm not totally sure, it might be starting to grow on me.

How far back are you going with the black wrap? i.e. are you going to wrap the spoiler at all?

Seen one up close for first time at Oulton, and they do look good. Interested in where Renault and the tuners take these cars?

Last edited:
Surely wont be long before RST have tampered with one, I'm looking forward to seeing what can be had from these

Still not sold on the looks but nice one for taking the plunge with it. Does look better in white though.

I'll be testing one very soon so we'll see what Renault have done :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
beefychubbchubb Spotted 0