ARP Main & Head Studs And ConRod Bolts...

Willis

The Gatekeeper
Platinum Member
Has anybody used any of the ARP kits available for the F4R yet?

Arrow Precision;

ARP 216-5401 Main Stud Kit = £100
ARP 216-4301 Head Stud Kit = £150
ARP 216-6301 M9 ConRod Bolts = £75

From what I've read, the Cup racers use ARP ConRod Bolts, not sure if they use the Main & Head Studs too though, anybody know? I'm looking at going down the Cam route in May when the Cambelt is changed, I think for what they cost it might be worth throwing some ARPs in there as well. If they're good enough for Cup racers...

Cheers!!!

Will

Last edited:
head studs, I've fitted for Ben to help his engine cope with nitrous. I dont see any need for them if you're running N/A. You also can't just drop them in. Head off to do it properly.

Rod bolts are a good idea, my 172 engine has them now. Adds confidence when revving the engine.

Main crank bolts are a quite low torque bolt really. No point in my mind.

I am deffo getting these uprated rod bolts fitted to my car once I get it back from Renault, can these be fitted without ripping the whole engine out?

Cheers Danny!!!

That's the exact information I was after. The head will have to come off anyway won't it do do the ConRod Bolts? Just thinking along the lines that if it's coming off anyway then it's no extra labour to swap the Head Studs. But yes, I'll be staying NA, can't get enough of the noise!!! :smile:

Last edited:
rod bolts are just a sump off job really. Fiddly but not too complicated

Standard headbolts are fine the vast majority of the time. I see studs as a needless expense for no performance advantage unless you've modified a lot

Thanks again Danny, might be a bit overkill for me then, not planning anything else engine-wise after the Cams apart from obvisouly a Remap.

Think you've just saved me about £250. :smiley:

I had head stud kit because my nos was pushing the head away from the block lol. What more can I say, they seem to have withstood the pressures so far.

I'd defo get some arp rod bolts, allows the engine to safely rev to 7800rpm then ( source TDF ).

Bloody hell Ben, you're lucky you didn't blow the welds on the intake!!! :smiley:

That's two good sources there in TDF & Danny, cheers. :smile:

No probs Stu!!! :smile:

Same here Robo, the Cambelt change is six months away, it'd be rude not to treat her. :smiley: