Arb bushes replacement advice

aterro

Paid Member
Hi all,

All my front end suspension including tie rod ends removed and I struggled a lot to get the standard arb bushes and blocks removed.

I need some inspiration on whether it’s physically possible to install new arb bushes without dropping the subframe.

Has anyone done this??

It can be done with a spanner and time but either buy genuine bushes or power flex ones as the other aftermarket ones are never the right size I bought moog ones and they were too small and would not meet together in the holder so I ended up later changing them for power flex ones. If you have Xenon lights factory fitted you might have to disconnect the anti roll bar level gauge and the drop links so you can rotate the ARB around and you will barely get a quarter turn on the bolts each time.

Reactions: aterro
I have a ratchet spanner which is perfect but I really struggled to get the bushes out and I’m hoping it’s easier for me to get them back in! Let’s hope?!

Thank you!

Yea they need a but of work removing from the holder but use a longer bolt to get them started as you bolt them back down they will snug in. I was not sure about a ratchet spanner if there was room for a ring spanner.

Yea they need a but of work removing from the holder but use a longer bolt to get them started as you bolt them back down they will snug in. I was not sure about a ratchet spanner if there was room for a ring spanner.

I have my inner tie rods removed so a smidge more room available.
Really hoping I don’t have to remove subframe.