Anyone work for Sky TV or know lots about it?

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
We got given a Sky + HD box by my missus' uncle. Plugged it all in, power, HDMI lead, sat dish (only the one cable) and it came on, straight away. But couldn't get the recording working. So the missus rang up Sky when I was out and the lady talked her through changing the settings so it would work and it all worked great, apart from only being able to record what we were watching (due to the one cable only).

We wanted to move the TV over slightly so I bought an extension lead from Maplin. Added the extension lead in and it just said 'No satellite signal is being received'. Connected it back up without the extension and the same. Put the old normal box in and it works perfectly.

Just don't know why all of a sudden it's completely stopped working. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Arran my son had the same problem with his HDbox and they told him that it needs 2 leads in to the property to be able to watch 1and record another

Ye, that's what they said, but I can't understand why it was working prior to me unplugging the dish cable? We had the free HD channels. I'm wondering if they have done something remotely to stop it working?

They've said all it needs is a Sky engineer to fit a second cable, at the cost of £60, but I'm doubtful that'll be the end of it tbh.

When they went back to our Ste place it took them all of 5 mins and it was done and works fine now

Did they put another cable in from a multi output LNB on the dish? I think it might take them a while at ours to do now, the dish is at the back and the tv at the front. I reckon they might need 30m of cable!