Anyone know what these wires are for?

CA4AEC76-98DB-4A3C-92A1-43CC9B0DC2E4.jpeg 0FC894B8-58CF-4098-AB5F-31A4F7829F03.jpeg Hi all,
I removed my battery box today to fit some upgraded bulbs and there were two wires / cables that didn’t seem to be connected to anything?
I took a couple of photos - does anyone know what these are for....are they meant to be disconnected?

Cheers

Is your car a pure “cup”

They look like the cable for the fog lights and scruttle drain pipe that should be fitted to the bottom of the bumper

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, my car is a full fat 06 plate so not a cup.
The fog lights are working so not sure on that one? I’ll check the other to see if it’s a drain of sorts.....what do you mean by the scuttle panel?

Cheers

Scuttle panel is below the windscreen.. it collects water and takes it out the side and drained away..

It Looks like that could be the other pipe.

Not my photo but edited it on the front left side you can see the pipe running down.

013AD147-4E6A-4983-B49A-BCF6BAD5E117.jpeg

The yellow cable end is for the fog lights

(Hope you don’t mind @Antti O)

looks like the bonnet alarm switch wiring (fallen apart) and the breather pipe for the battery

Reactions: suj
Ah yes, it’s the bonnet alarm cable (one with the plug), thanks for that.
Where does the battery breather connect to the battery box, it makes sense as I was buggering about with that today
Failing that I’ll try the scuttle drain but it feels like it’s too small a diameter.

looks like the bonnet alarm switch wiring (fallen apart) and the breather pipe for the battery

This to both.

So it attaches at the battery on the side, runs on the edge of the battery tray, then down the wing and attaches to the bumper on passenger side at the bottom

I have highlighted it red in this pic (not my pic, off google).

upload_2019-5-28_7-52-31.png

Reactions: Foxspeed
So had a look tonight and it’s definitely the battery vent and alarm sensor wiring as above so thanks to all who replied with suggestions.
My car has a Halfords battery and the vent hadn’t been connected (a little plug was still in place) so sorted that one quickly. The alarm sensor wiring would be reconnected but it looks like the guts of the sensor are missing, hard to describe but it looks empty??
Does anyone have a picture of the sensor or a part number?

Also, the bracket is pretty rusty and I’m sure I read somewhere that stainless ones were produced by someone on here. If anyone knows where I can get one please let me know

Thanks for all your help chaps.

Reactions: Beany
So had a look tonight and it’s definitely the battery vent and alarm sensor wiring as above so thanks to all who replied with suggestions.
My car has a Halfords battery and the vent hadn’t been connected (a little plug was still in place) so sorted that one quickly. The alarm sensor wiring would be reconnected but it looks like the guts of the sensor are missing, hard to describe but it looks empty??

Also, the bracket is pretty rusty and I’m sure I read somewhere that stainless ones were produced by someone on here. If anyone knows where I can get one please let me know

Sorry if I confused matters... glad you’ve got it sorted

https://clio197.net/threads/197-200-alarm-plunger-bracket-group-buy-mk3-post-221-page-12.54807/
This is the guy @sevenfourate
So you are missing that sensor totally in that rusty bracket? As that is where that should plug in (so put the connector under the slam panel and through the hole when you remove that metal bracket, plug it in then bolt bracket back down).

Sorry if I confused matters... glad you’ve got it sorted

Typical Beany tbh haha :smiley:

Reactions: Big Ben and Beany