Anyone know this car

My Fella went to see that for me back in Feb. He said it wasn't all that brilliant. It has been on Autotrader for 5 months or more. Think the guy said it has part service history when my fella went to see it. Hope this helps. Don't know the full reason why I didn't have it but my Fella deals with my cars I stay out of it.

I'm new also but it might be worth paying your membership and looking up cars on here. I'm a girl but that price seems quite low for a 58 plate, raises concerns. I had a 172 and loved it. Got a 197 now. Go onto General Clio chat?

Going on experience and what I've been told. So long as you don't get ripped off. The more you pay the less you will have to pay. If that makes sense. Spend more on a good one and look after it, you would be fixing it constantly.

What's your budget?

I don't have a fixed budget but we are currently saving to buy a house therefore I am looking at the lower end of the scale. I don't mind something that requires work as I ran my own garage for a number of years, but don't want a total shed.

I have been looking on the usual places - autotrader, gumtree and ebay and there are loads for sale although I do have a slight preference towards white.

Okay folks, a quick update. The guy responded to my email stating that as it came as a trade in he has no history for it and cannot verify belts being replaced....hmmmm. Is there any way Renault could verify this? He also stated that he wants ticket price as he has lots of interest and wont "give it away". Strange given that it seems to have been for sale for five months.

Ah well the hunt continues.

Okay folks, a quick update. The guy responded to my email stating that as it came as a trade in he has no history for it and cannot verify belts being replaced....hmmmm. Is there any way Renault could verify this? He also stated that he wants ticket price as he has lots of interest and wont "give it away". Strange given that it seems to have been for sale for five months.

Ah well the hunt continues.

That's probably why my Fella didn't let me have it.

Join the site, plenty of 197's for sale for good prices and will have been looked after a lot better!

Helped me when I was getting mine.

There's too many good examples of 197s out there to justify buying one with no history - especially one with no proof of belts being done.

I'm not sure Renault could give you that information, unless it was done through an official dealer. And even then I don't know whether they could release it to just anybody??

Shop around and be patient - the right one will come along :smile:

Thanks Gemma. I would be grateful if you could ask your fella for his findings on the car.

I will try and have a chat with him tonight, but he thinks I am no longer on this site (he banned me) lol. I will try and get some info. But I would stay clear of it. It raised eyebrows when we found it back in Feb and the fact that it is still on there now spells trouble to me.

front bumper looks a complete different shade of white to the rest of the car, so i would say probably had a smack. could be completly wrong

Yeah id stay in well clear.

For one the description is too short and doesn't explain why the dash is lit up like a christmas tree.

Clearly cannot be bothered to clean his cars inside and out to sell.

And like others mentioned bumper looks different color and could have a bad history have you HPI checked it or asked the garage?