Any tips for changing the hub carrier ?

Is this within the reach of a home mechanic with no access to power tools? (complete carrier change , not just balljoints)

How much should I expect to pay for a complete hub carrier ?

I think I have some play in mine which I found last night , going to Germany next Thursday so need to get it sorted sharpish.

Quite easy mate, I did my ball joints and a wheel bearing last week. No power tools needed, take the brake caliper and disc off, 12mm allen key and a tx40 i think torx bit. Split the shock absorber from the hub, 18mm pinch bolt.
I took my bottom arm off with it as was easier than trying to seperate the arm from the hub on the car.Once its off the car its a lot easier to split it. Again 18mm bolts, except the long bolt that holds the arm to the subframe, this is either a 14, or a 16 torx socket. this has an 18mm nut on the other end. Fitting is just the reversal of removal.

Cost of a hub carrier?

Havent a clue, phone R-Sport in wimbledon, they'll sort you out...just out of curiosity why change the whole hub carrier?

Yes, I don't have the required tools to press the balljoints out and whatever else is required so need to do a complete swap. Just had a price of 172 + vat from renault.

Will have a proper look at the issue tonight and try and pinpoint it ( getting a rattle over uneven ground and have replaced lower droplinks and tre on both sides )