Anti rotation links - where from?

Doogle

Winner - POTM March 2018
Hey all,

I have a knocking at low speed which has been traced to this (basically all other front suspension parts have been replaced and the ball joints on these are loose)

Other than Renault has anyone else used any other make? At £40 a side from RPD they arent cheap for what they are!

Doug

Hey all,

I have a knocking at low speed which has been traced to this (basically all other front suspension parts have been replaced and the ball joints on these are loose)

Other than Renault has anyone else used any other make? At £40 a side from RPD they arent cheap for what they are!

Doug
I got mine from Euros for £55 for both I think! TRW too (TRW Make the gen ones) [emoji846]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Doogle
carparts4less is the cheapest, along with eBay (for approx £10 a side) - can provide links if needed.

Reactions: Doogle
Anti Drop Links (Longer Ones - Picture 2)
Anti Rotation Links (Short Ones - Picture 1)

I would change all 4 as above.

197 AR Link 02.JPG 197 ARB Link 02.JPG

Be carful with the after market drop links the Mr Auto UK site displays anti rotation links between 188mm to 158mm that's enough to throw the alignment out and the anti roll bar links range from 248 to 280mm that's the difference between clearance and hitting the lower arms nether big enough to spot when fitting. Euro car parts are only showing one make now but they were as bad before always get the Renault part number and work from there and cross check the measurements before fitting. EBay is especially bad Google "Wheel Clio 197" used and it will list 4 stud wheels which is stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doogle and Dumdum
Cheers gents,

I planned to get all 4 done, as mentioned I have a link to Meyle HD anti roll bar links but didnt want to go cheap cheap for the anti rotation links. If TRW are quality Ill go for them.

Reactions: lewishunter98
Cheers gents,

I planned to get all 4 done, as mentioned I have a link to Meyle HD anti roll bar links but didnt want to go cheap cheap for the anti rotation links. If TRW are quality Ill go for them.
If you bought genuine from Renault they have TRW stamped on them [emoji6]

Seems Euro's dont do them anymore unless Im being a pleb :laughing:
and I cant find them on eBay.
Anyone got a link to TRW anti rotation links?

Seems Euro's dont do them anymore unless Im being a pleb :laughing:
and I cant find them on eBay.
Anyone got a link to TRW anti rotation links?
AHH shit! You're right. I can only see the starline ones on there [emoji848] I'd only bought mine a month ago or so too..

AHH shit! You're right. I can only see the starline ones on there [emoji848] I'd only bought mine a month ago or so too..

Maybe they'll have some more next year though often I find if you cant find them online at all it normally means they've stopped producing them, for mass market anyway.

Reactions: lewishunter98
Starline ones are the right size (I bought them). CarParts4Less is cheaper than euros by a long way.

Crazy how expensive they are for such a small part, I mean droplinks are cheaper ffs haha

Yep, its nuts. Theres no reason you couldnt use another droplink but you can never search by length and Id want it to be within millimetres to not have an effect on anything.

Reactions: kmxgoon
I ended up buying TRW anti rotation links from eBay after using the Renault part number. The seller tried arguing they were not right according to his system, he sent them after I showed him proof of the part number and what the part looked like. They were £32ish a side so not mega cheap. I also bought Meyle HD ARB droplinks for £30 a pair.