Annoying Intermittent Issue

Morning All,

My car seems to have developed an intermittent issue that I'm having a problem diagnosing.

When I take the car out from cold everything is fine, however after driving around 5-10 miles and the car has started to warm (usually on the motorway doing 70), a loud squealing noise starts to come from the from the front drivers side wheel area. The tone altnerates between really high pitched, then a lower squeal. The noise stops when applying the brakes. When I come to slow to a stop e.g. parking, the noise continues, but then when left to cool it stops doing it.

Discs and pads have recently been replaced with OEM Brembo's but the issue still persists. Im finding it difficult to show people the issue, due to having the drive the car a while before it happens. I removed the brake pads and inspected the caliper at the weekend but cant see anything out of the ordinary.

Although the noise is extremelly annoying, the actual performance is no different to normal.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
After all of the above, I had someone else drive the car so I could have a better listen, then I realised the noise wasn't even coming from the front....Doh! Replaced the rear pads and cleaned the calipers up, all sorted.

Glad you got it sorted :thumbsup: These car's really do need at least an annual brake strip down to keep everything in good working order

After all of the above, I had someone else drive the car so I could have a better listen, then I realised the noise wasn't even coming from the front....Doh! Replaced the rear pads and cleaned the calipers up, all sorted.

even when the fronts are done you should always have the rears even if not worn checked/stripped/lubed etc