Am not a chav.... but I have a cup spoiler so was thinking :s

iAndy

Platinum Member
Ok, back in't day I used to have a Fiesta Zetec - S that got a wee bit carried away with the whole audio and neon cr@p.......

Fast forward 12 years and now am older and no wiser, but was thinking of getting a sub for the clio and maybe uprate the speakers. But I really love the standard head unit, bluetooth etc works great. So has anyone run any amps/subs with standard head unit. Just after any advice before I start looking into it. I know that years ago running standard head units involved putting switches in for amps and crossovers etc but wondered if modern technology had helped and is there any nice plug and play sub/amp packages that I can fit to the wee blue chav mobile.

HELP :tongueout:

Hi iAndy. Don't take my word for gospel but I fitted a 200w active sub in my first corsa think it was more powerful than the car. Anyway last night I took my head unit out to inspect my parrot (not working properly) and noticed that it seems to have the correct crimp cables that go to nothing to install an amp. I would double check this and have a look but it seemed to have 2 for p+ and n- and then one for the ignition. Again I would check but I am pretty sure you could. How it would sound I am not sure.

On a side note, worst purchase ever sold the car about a week later and took it out and has sat under my desk for 3 years. £200 down the drain...

im in the same boat Andy over 30 and the sound system just dosent live up to what I want so ive just bought a second had sub and amp and upgrading speakers..

hopefully this will give me everything I want the only differance between yours and my is i have changed my stereo :thumbsup:

you will need high to low output convertor, the way i did mine was as i fitted after market rear speakers, i was gifted some loom to speaker spade adapter and basically cut into them so i didnt cut into the loom. thens theres basic power for the amp, live earth, and remote, the remote i fed of my cigerette lighter as it was the closest (i had the cabasse cd changer)

Funny you should put up this thread Andy I was thinking the same thing myself the other day. A little under-seat sub and some uprated speakers up front would give it the bit extra it needs. I'm not really one for rolling around with my tunes up and windows down, but having a separate amp might just take some of the bass out of my rattly door cards. I wouldn't want the expense of fitting an ugly aftermarket HU though.

I think Ross (deadmou5) had one of the under seat subs fitted so may be able to help out here.

Got a sub fitted in mine and im still using the cabasse headunit. The amp i have has a high input for the rear speakers to connect to for when you dont have RCAs then its just the usual running of a power lead and wiring up a remote feed.

I still got my old 8 track player and if it fit I would put that in :smile: You young whipper snappers wouldn't no what one was :tongueout: goggle it

I'm wanting an uprated sound system aswell, sick of just hearing "bwooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrr" at 70mph. Wouldn't have a clue where to start though and don't wanna end up at halfrauds.

I'm wanting an uprated sound system aswell, sick of just hearing "bwooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrr" at 70mph. Wouldn't have a clue where to start though and don't wanna end up at halfrauds.

Drive at 80 then. Mine goes silent at 80.

you will need high to low output convertor, the way i did mine was as i fitted after market rear speakers, i was gifted some loom to speaker spade adapter and basically cut into them so i didnt cut into the loom. thens theres basic power for the amp, live earth, and remote, the remote i fed of my cigerette lighter as it was the closest (i had the cabasse cd changer)

Exactly the same as mee, was given the adapter, plug and play with standard HU. 1500w peak sub, 450 rms running off the HU and it still hits hard enough.

As above id like to use one of the subs I have lying around, but don't want to loose all the features and have to have an ugly after market one.
After reading up it seems you have to use one of the speaker out puts, if you use the rears, does that mean you loose the rear speakers?
Also where abouts is the ignition live to the 12v socket ?

thanks guys

I had a facelift mk6 fiesta zetec S before that a normal Zetec climate with a dirty great big sub in the boot..hand installed the Barry boys way, I genuinely miss the noise and bass it provided. Would have one in the 197 if I didn't dribble over the condition of the car so much - audiophile in me says go for it!