Alternative V6/V8 airbox

Just wandering why have people mainly gone for the clio v6 box.

There are other V6/V8 box from other manufacturers available cheaper/larger and I'm guessing aim is to de-restrict airflow and as long as the hoses size outlets and placement are OK it should work?

If fitting these means relocating the battery and brakets are easily made up, so why not look at other types of airbox etc, unless I have missed some fundamental point.

I'd imagine people choose the PH2 Clio V6 airbox because you can also order the hose and stand for it. That and it's used on the Clio R3 rally car's 230bhp engine package.

Though I dont see a reason why another wouldnt work, Renault have just raided their parts bin to save some cash.

The Clio R3 Rally car uses its own design of airbox, not the V6 one which its used on the Cup race cars. :thumbup:

Thats the one but even the lower spec R3 access has the evo airbox.

The Race car and rally car are totally different beasts.

Maybe my R3 pdf is out of date then.

A bit off topic but can you upload files to here. It'd be handy for all as its got all the part numbers etc for 330 discs with calliper spacer etc...

Pics and part numbers for everything needed,

cc001c5c.png

c7711626.png

You dont need No.7 for the Maxi, you can just cut a hole in the standard part.

Does anyone have the dimensions. I'm thinking that various of similar shape/size should provide similar results (apologies if i'm sounding naive here)

Looking on the net various other manufacturer's v6/v8 boxes are of similar shape/size and as long as they enhance flow should work right..

Clio v6 boxes command such a premium on price whereas other manufacturers air boxes are like £30-40.. so worth a punt i think

If you find another airbox about the same size/bigger you'd still have to move the battery i bet so that much effort is still involved.

I think the main reason people go for the V6 box is it's proven and with parts made by renault it fits and is known to fit.

The main reason for the high price now is (probably) because you can't get them new anymore, i can't seem to find out how many cars were made but if it was around a 1000 i dare say they did not make more than a couple of hundred more airboxes and it's probably not worth them making anymore.