Airbox / Induction

MarcB

Paid Member
looking for some info and help if possible.

1, what the going price for a second hand K-tec induction set up ?

2, are they any good and worth the money ?

3, what’s the Pro’s and Con’s over a standard airbox ?

1. About £140 for a good one

2. They sound brilliant coupled with a good exhaust. Race car soundtrack.
Easily worth the outlay even brand new. Quality product that makes the engine bay look better.

3. Negligible performance gains unless mapped. Possible hesitation at very low revs

Reactions: Pav
That is a crazily good price if it is indeed £50
You’d need the clamps by the looks of it, and it’s very important to have the one with the nubbin to be able to support it so the bottom of the filter is kept off the heat shield as the noise is totally dumbed down if it sags. These can be bought direct from RamAir for £5 each (but you have to buy 2).
Would also need the blanking plug/condom for the inlet too.

That is a crazily good price if it is indeed £50
You’d need the clamps by the looks of it, and it’s very important to have the one with the nubbin to be able to support it so the bottom of the filter is kept off the heat shield as the noise is totally dumbed down if it sags. These can be bought direct from RamAir for £5 each (but you have to buy 2).
Would also need the blanking plug/condom for the inlet too.

@Micah

Can you post up a couple of links as to what I actually need and where I can get it from.

as above..it does sound the nuts..think its a good upgrade depending on your car usage..may start doing your head-in soon..

Well fitted the filter last night and while I was in there had a look around the fuse box and cleaned up all the earths and removed all the leafs and rubbish.

The filter took around 20/30mins to fit and I must admit it sounds the bloody damage, This filter with the miltek system is just amazing (my 19 year old youth has came out)

Well worth the £50

Last edited:
Reactions: JMR and Gus