Air Filter recommendations...

Hi, New to 197 ownership, but seen a few posts about ait filters/induction kits etc, just wanted peoples opinions,

wanting to service my 197 and replace the ait filter, Car will most probably never go on the track, will just end up being a fast road car, on my 182 I read reviews, and ended up changing the Induction hose, and fitted a panel filter, as that was the best way to go on them, Is this the general consensus with the 197 too?

I'm not bothered about noise (I'm 31 I'm passed all that) just wanting to improve the car and try and eradicate that flat spot,

Cheers, Adam.

Any panel filter will do, air box is pretty well designed etc.

Breathing mods won't get rid of the flat-spot though as it was poorly mapped for emissions test, the only real solution is a remap.

Reactions: Mr. Ski
Yep, as @link says, remap will sort it out for you.
Currently an offer on at RS Tuning in Leeds with £100 off if you book before the end of May and have the work done by the end of June.
Alternatively there’s Engine Dynamics in Essex if that’s a little closer to home?

Reactions: Mr. Ski
Ktec induction kit is possibly the best sounding thing I've heard on a 197 but the flat spot is awful without it mapped.

Reactions: Big Ben
Mine came with a K&N panel filter. Didn't realise until I was in switching out the reverse light switch. Wouldn't even know it was there.

Ended up ordering an ITG Panel filter, its arrived today, so ill install and post if any differences are noticed :thumb: