Air conditioning not switching on

Hi all

My 197 has decided that the aircon isn't going to work. The garage has checked the pressure and all is good, they have replaced the pressure switch since that was an easy(ish) try.

They said that there is no power getting to the clutch so as a result, it's not kicking in. All the fuses I can find are ok and there are no other issues in the car. The LED on the dash switches on when pressed but there is no thump...

I've read other posts here and elsewhere but I can't seem to find the location of the various relays that control this. My Clio has the basic on/off air conditioning.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this please?

thanks

there was an issue with the small wiring loom that ran to the compressor clutch - maybe worth checking that out

Right hand drive manual air con 2008 197 keyless entry
1598466211541.png
164- COLD AIR BLOWER
260- PASSENGER COMPARTMENT FUSE BOX AND RELAY
1156- PASSENGER COMPARTMENT FAN ASSEMBLY 1
1337- SWITCHING PROTECTION UNIT
645- PASSENGER COMPARTMENT COMPUTER
319- AIR CONDITIONING CONTROL PANEL
1598466733843.png

Thanks for the info. That will give me something to do over the weekend! Let's hope this rain stops by then...

BTW, my car is a 2007 197, not sure if that changes things. Another thing is that the heater speed controller is a bit temperamental - it only works on speeds 1-3 (not 4). I wouldn't have thought so since the aircon used to engage with the fan speed switched to 0.

Thanks for the info. That will give me something to do over the weekend! Let's hope this rain stops by then...

BTW, my car is a 2007 197, not sure if that changes things. Another thing is that the heater speed controller is a bit temperamental - it only works on speeds 1-3 (not 4). I wouldn't have thought so since the aircon used to engage with the fan speed switched to 0.

Might be worth checking/replacing the resistor as per this thread - https://clio197.net/threads/heater-blower-stopped-working-any-suggestions.61359/