Aftermarket engine mount?

Hi all,

Possibly a stupid question...I’ve come to fit the powerflex lower engine mount to my car but the current mount is silver and not black as expected. I thought it might be a cheaper non-gen part but the bush has a Renault stamp on it? The metal insert in the bush is a different shape to the hole in the powerflex mount so won’t fit. Think I might need to go and find a new bracket?

Car is a March 2010 so earlier type - did earlier ones come with a different mount?

Cheers

Attachments

• 2B17B155-E6C4-472F-A682-7C34863D0C03.jpeg
    2B17B155-E6C4-472F-A682-7C34863D0C03.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
That's the newer of the two designs for the lower engine mount.
Powerflex also make a bush for that

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Ah thanks. It must’ve been replaced at some point then. I’ll just get the other mount type, works out about the same price as buying the other powerflex mount and at least I can get one today :smile:

Reactions: wootwoot
Just in case anyone else comes across this in the future, the starline lower mount from euro car parts (337745369) looks pretty much identical to the genuine part but is slightly different, meaning the powerflex insert doesn’t quite fit. One side fits fine but the other doesn’t, despite using grease and a vice (the grooves in the mount are too shallow as far as I can tell).

Reactions: wootwoot