Acoustic valve on air feed??

Would I expect any gains if made perminantly open I.e quicker repose less flatt spots?? I've herd there only there to meet with Spanish regs about noise... Don't know if it's bull but worth asking cheers

People should really start using the search feature on this forum, the same topics constantly come up.

I've had a look and people only seem to ramble on about taking that pipe fully off I just Wana keep it open constant... I know it benefits but it has to open first to benifit I'm just thinking will it be better constantly open

Not sure on the sound regs' thing, there's also an acoustic box underneath the battery tray...

Unless you're changing the enitre airbox setup then I'd say leave the trumpet as it is.

I've had a look and people only seem to ramble on about taking that pipe fully off I just Wana keep it open constant... I know it benefits but it has to open first to benifit I'm just thinking will it be better constantly open

Take the vacuum pipe off (and plug it closed) then attach a pipe onto your air feed down to the front grill.

This will give you cold air and stop the flap from shuting.

Gains from doing this?????? who knows.

I think its miles better, car pulls better. But that is my thoughts only.

The one wheres hes got it in the window, if it is in sure it opened at 4k rpm and close back off below 4k rpm

yeah that sounds like the one Ryan, im sure it was only when he put his foot hard down. Will have to watch it again as it was quite a while ago when i saw it. Either way mine is open all the time.

Yeh thinking about it, its open on idel then it must close on load via vucuum pressure from the plenum than open above 4 k rpm

So am I right in saying if I remove the vacume pipe and put a cold air feed onto the trumpet end and run it to the grill I should get constant air feed? Why not just remove the hole unit and running an air feed from the airbox to grill?

So am I right in saying if I remove the vacume pipe and put a cold air feed onto the trumpet end and run it to the grill I should get constant air feed? Why not just remove the hole unit and running an air feed from the airbox to grill?

Yes and yes to the second part.

I removed the whole unit when i first did mine but put it back on when i took it to Renault for its 1st service, after it was serviced i just put the extra pipe from the grill onto the trumpet and removed the vacume pipe. Maybe not as good as the 1st way but when it goes into Renault its only a case of plugging the vacume pipe back in (everything else stays the same)

cheers lads answer is was looking for (Y) i dont wana actually remove the trumpet but improve the intake

Yeh thinking about it, its open on idel then it must close on load via vucuum pressure from the plenum than open above 4 k rpm

it can only work when there is enough vacuum to work it - ie idle/cruising mid range small throttle openings etc = high manifold vacumm
underlaod it wont really have much as the throttle will be wide open

I've blocked the vacuum pipe but what's the best route to get a cold air feed on a 200. There doesn't seem to be a way to get to the grill? Should I just put it down in the wing area?

From the acoustic valve, behind the headlight, down and round to the plastic flap to the side of the radiator

I took off the one side and let it drop down, so i could undo my headlight to feed the pipe behind it.