Afternoon,

It is 14:09 on a Tuesday afternoon and after spending the entire day so far reading different progress threads, checking out all of your pictures, getting ideas on modifications etc.. I figured it's time I started a progress thread.

Quick boring introduction:

My names Cameron, 18, work for an energy company. Live in South Wales (I live a walk from the beach, there are little sheep on the beach).

I own, I believe a full fat cup from 2009 in Racing Blue and it is a 200 which at the moment has seen better days.

Bought the car in July 2016 on 54k as I decided that my 116D beamer was just not enough.

I did have soft spot since my first 1.2 mk2 clio, for all these sports so only felt right!

The car 3 days later had a Scorpion Non-Resonated exhaust with a Decat Pipe, which regardless of your mood made you feel amazing! Until your engine mounts got to weak, and decided it'd it a part on a weekly basis. Then a Cup Spoiler painted in Gloss black. I might add, I had to buy two.. I broke the first.

fast forwarding, got through to December where I figured that the amount of travelling to work was unbearably expensive that I'd need another car, so I decided to purchase a wild beast...

A Peugeot 306 1.9 Flat Diesel from 1998.

Amazing, it's an old as me.

After a love/hate few weeks, I decided that the Clio has to stay even though I'd already given away the exhaust, put it all back to almost how it should be.

So, right now.. the car is sitting on my neighbours drive lonely with the only serious modifications on there, are black badges (credit to the mrs), a missing seatbelt in the rear and no spark plugs.

I will get some pictures up later on as my boss is glaring at me...

Stay Tuned!

Haha add another marmite owner to the list.lol. I have a 197. one morning I want to lick it all over the next I can't even look at the French bastard money pit.

It's always the same. However, the amount of blood, sweat, tears and money I've already put into it.

It's not going anywhere!

Reactions: Siliconsteve
Welcome to the forum, Cameron! Good to hear that you're giving the 200 a new lease of life! Sounds like it needs some tlc - looking forward to seeing the progress.

Welcome Cameron. Wish I'd had a French money pit when I was 18!

Enjoy the good times and forget the bad. :french:

Welcome to the site! Have you got aftermarket springs in the last picture?

Look how consistently different RB looks depending on the light. Love it mate.

Last pic is a beauty.

Guessing you're not too far from Black Mountain and Elan Valley and the likes. I'd be over there every weekend if I could.

Look how consistently different RB looks depending on the light. Love it mate.

Last pic is a beauty.

Guessing you're not too far from Black Mountain and Elan Valley and the likes. I'd be over there every weekend if I could.

Not overly far, about half an hour! I will be taking a lot more trips up there in the summer, when my engine mounts can withstand the odd bump - That day with the river my scorpion non res decat pipe hand an argument with the manifold cat and resulted in a separation.. Car went from a sexy loud machine to a blowing misery.

Anything I've learned, engine mounts super important!

Half an hour???!!! Jealous mate. Seriously I'd be there all the time!

:smiley:

And yep, keeping on top of maintenance and making sure everything is running correctly is key.

Reactions: Ckzzz
So going to keep on trying with an update away to keep my boredom away!

Been spending the last three days sanding down an inlet manifold that I took off the car mainly just to check out the ports, get easier access to the spark plugs and get easier access to everything in general.

Well, a word of advice for everyone who wants to do it. Get a sander.

The Mrs and I have put about 6-8 hours in by hand using Halfords finest cheap sandpaper (possibly the problem) attempting to get it down to a smooth finish before applying paint, and we are only a quarter of the way through. So it has resulted in me getting on the ol' eBay, purchased a Mouse Sander with 40 sanding pad things for £28 - Bargain.

Hopefully, once that arrives we will on to a swift and a lot more effective process.

Enough about that, I've joyous notification via text that my Toyosports manifold has been delivered which I look forward to getting installed - Will get pictures up as soon as I can, most probably the weekend!

Just got to wait for delivery of the Scorpion Non-Res Exhaust with Decat Pipe, Powerflex Bushes, Spark Plugs, Oil, Oil Filter and we should be on to a winner.

Q: ITG Maxogen vs ITG Panel filter?

Reactions: Jimmy
Nice list of parts/upgrades on the way mate. Good times up ahead.

A: ITG Maxogen
If you don't like it you can always sell it on. Nothing lost imo