A quick introduction!

Hi all, I'm Sean and I'm from the Durham... Just took ownership of my 200T on Thursday (31st July) so thought I'd get involved with some other enthusiasts of the RS marque. This is my second RS, my first being the original Megane Trophy. As I'm getting older and the receiving earache from the better half to have something more practical, I thought the Clio would the more natural choice... I sold it to the missus as being practical because of the five doors!

P.S I just read another newbie thread and I feel kinda bad for the waiting list... My salesman managed to find a white cup pack model with rear sensors... I was in two minds with Mercury or GW... But as the GW was immediate delivery... I couldn't wait!

Anyway... That's me and apologies for the not so 'quick' introduction! :wink:

I still haven't seen another one on the road. The only other one (other than mine) was a demo I drove earlier in the year. I've noticed a few turned heads but I like it because it's so subtle. I knew as soon as I drove the demo it was the right choice and now I have mine and so far done 400+ miles I'm properly happy with it!

I can't believe some of the write ups slating it, the mapping of my gearbox seems quicker than the demo, but other than a Ferrari and suchlike, I haven't felt a quicker gear box, the handling is sharp and the suspension IMO is set up just right (doesn't seem as hard as my Megane but that was four years ago!).... I'll rethink this once I've tracked it! Haha

hi Steve32c - where in the NE are you? How are you finding yours?
hi Ashton - cheers! Also, how are you finding it and what's it like properly run in?

hi Steve32c - where in the NE are you? How are you finding yours?

Car is great no problems with the gear box 15000+ miles in 7 months - up in Cramlington and normally tooting down the A1 towards the West End of Newcastle

Last edited:
Yes another 200T owner. Welcome to the forum.

Haha, it had to be done! I had a strange selection of possible next cars... Octavia VRS estate diesel, 1-Series, A-Class and the 200T... Deep down I knew which one, for the last four years I missed the Meg Trophy and just wanted something that would do everything, auto for being lazy, five doors for 'practicality', something not boring and enjoy on track and so far remain a rare sight... The Clio has filled the void! Haha

Has anyone had to replace tyres yet for these? And have they tried other makes? I'll probably keep on with the Dunlops as I doubt any other makes would really better the grip I've found with these.

Haha, it had to be done! I had a strange selection of possible next cars... Octavia VRS estate diesel, 1-Series, A-Class and the 200T... Deep down I knew which one, for the last four years I missed the Meg Trophy and just wanted something that would do everything, auto for being lazy, five doors for 'practicality', something not boring and enjoy on track and so far remain a rare sight... The Clio has filled the void! Haha

Has anyone had to replace tyres yet for these? And have they tried other makes? I'll probably keep on with the Dunlops as I doubt any other makes would really better the grip I've found with these.

It's really good on the tires mine has done 18000 miles ( mostly motorway )and still on originals, plenty of grip left as well.

It's really good on the tires mine has done 18000 miles ( mostly motorway )and still on originals, plenty of grip left as well.

Wow, thats really good, saying that the Meg was really good too... Apart from the ones I had at the Nurburgring... They didn't last long! Haha

Have you looked at prices too? The dealer said around £190 each but there's Camskill in Whitehaven who list them as £120... To be fair the grip is that good in the wet I'd pay £190!

Wow, thats really good, saying that the Meg was really good too... Apart from the ones I had at the Nurburgring... They didn't last long! Haha

Have you looked at prices too? The dealer said around £190 each but there's Camskill in Whitehaven who list them as £120... To be fair the grip is that good in the wet I'd pay £190!

Ive been quoted £132 for same tires which I think I will go for. I think there are only 3-4 options available for the 18" cup wheel at the min.

Ive been quoted £132 for same tires which I think I will go for. I think there are only 3-4 options available for the 18" cup wheel at the min.

I think so, Dunlop, Michelin, Toyo and another which slips my mind... To be fair it would only be the Dunlop or Michelin for me anyway... I'll never understand why people buy cheap nasty tyres when they're he only thing in contact with the Tarmac! Haha

Like the guy in a Fiesta (ST150 shape... But diesel van) on Saturday trying to keep up round a wet bend... Funny sight seeing him face all directions apart from forward... Understeer in to too much lift off oversteer!