a couple of electrical issues

Ive got a couple of issues which are the windscreen washer pump wont work and the rear heated windscreen wont work or illuminate on the centre console. I have tried a new pump (also wired upto 12v and it spins ok) and new wiper stalk, used a multimeter and getting no voltage at the pump connector, checked the fuses and relays which are good.
The rear screen wont illuminate with the button press and element isn't heating up. again checked the fuses and relays.

Any ideas or further tests i could try?

I'm not a genius here, but I have seen a lot of users having issues with their stalks either side of the wheel. They become faulty and a replacement is required, although some have discovered the wiring has come loose and plugged it in more firmly and things begin to work again.

I would see if you can get hold of a stalk and test. Other than that, it looks like you've done everything else!

thanks Frank, following the wiring diagrams, it all seems to be pointing at the uch unit. I have also noticed on ebay that people are repairing these units fairly cheap and could be tempted by this option. hmmm

Finally got to the bottom of this - It was the Radio fuse 15A which seems bizarre as the radio was working fine so i didn't check the fuse initially. This fuse ALSO feeds the Steering column controls and also the Rear de-icer control. Hopefully this post will help someone if searching :smile: