4th gear synchro repair cost or upgrade?

I have a problem with my 4th gear synchro. Its grinding into 4th at the most of times. Currently the car is on the road but will be off the road and just full use on track by the end of the year. I want to get some advice & some prices on repairs or upgrades if possible? Anyone can help?

I have a problem with my 4th gear synchro. Its grinding into 4th at the most of times. Currently the car is on the road but will be off the road and just full use on track by the end of the year. I want to get some advice & some prices on repairs or upgrades if possible? Anyone can help?

Depending where you are there a few options. Some places can do you a reconditioned box and either fit them or post you them - Rentune, pro-line motorsport, k-tec (there may be others). You’ll then be able to sell your old box or as part of the deal leave your old box with one of these companies. I think their prices are all listed on their websites.

Your other option is buy new synchros and find a gearbox place to overhaul your box for you if you can’t do it yourself. I think I seen renaultpartsdirect have started selling them or if you can get in touch with @Northloopcup on here I think he can do the box and has found some uprated synchros.

The first option is obviously the easiest as it’s drive in drive out but it’ll cost a fair bit more.

Roughly £800 with a new clutch and slave cylinder. Some places do exchange gearbox and keep yours or some rebuild it same day so you know you’re getting you’re box back on there. Where are you based?