2006 Deep Black Track Shed BudgetBoltOnBuild

First drive out was a success also. No knocking or clunking or any nasty noises, no scrubbing either which is nice. Went to the nearest roundabout and (it may be a placebo effect) it felt like it held the road harder with the extra camber up front, quick B-road blast on the way home and I can safely say the car feels more planted.

Great success! Is niiiiice. Etc...

The missus needs to work on her camera skills but it's not too bad for her first go. Also the wind noise is terrible so that needs sorting! So a headphone warning for you all there! (Plus a car alarm at about 20 seconds in!)

Our plans are so similar! Car is looking great.. how often is there a sprint in Curborough? I'm only 20 mins from there.. looking forward to hearing more on the yellowspeeds, they are part of my winter plans

Reactions: Helpimonfire
Our plans are so similar! Car is looking great.. how often is there a sprint in Curborough? I'm only 20 mins from there.. looking forward to hearing more on the yellowspeeds, they are part of my winter plans

It's through RSUK on Facebook. Big group that hires it out for the day, usually about 3 times a year.

So, overdue service is here, although the car has only done about 2k, it's been a year(ish) and several trackdays so it's due.

Recommendations on oil? As it's basically a track car that goes on the road a couple times a year, it'll be spending most of its time over 5k so something that'll keep the engine happy. I've always used the OEM ELF 5w40 and I'm happy to keep using it if that's gunna be ideal for it for track use.

Yes mate. One of my mates is an oil engineer, and that’s what he says to stick with.

The whole “I use 10w60 cus it deals with the heat better” is a load of bollocks really :tearsofjoy:

So I've been booking up trackdays not realising how many I've booked for such a short time so the car needs a good going through this month to make sure it's in tiptop condition! Fingers crossed she behaves...:french:

Oct 10th - Potentially PFC Magazine trackday at Blyton
Oct 25th - Bedford GT (Track Obsession)
Oct 30th - Snetterton (MSVT)
Nov 1st - Snetterton (Track Obsession)
Nov 7th - Donington (Javelin)

:sweatsmile: :oops:

Next few weeks I'll be checking over the suspension since it's got lots of new parts, brakes and clutch need bleeding, oil and filter need changing too. Other than that it's not needing anything. Over winter it'll get the Powerflex treatment on the lower arms and possibly rear beam, balljoints will get looked at and replaced as needed.

So I've been booking up trackdays not realising how many I've booked for such a short time so the car needs a good going through this month to make sure it's in tiptop condition! Fingers crossed she behaves...:french:

Oct 10th - Potentially PFC Magazine trackday at Blyton
Oct 25th - Bedford GT (Track Obsession)
Oct 30th - Snetterton (MSVT)
Nov 7th - Donington (Javelin)

:sweatsmile: :oops:

Next few weeks I'll be checking over the suspension since it's got lots of new parts, brakes and clutch need bleeding, oil and filter need changing too. Other than that it's not needing anything. Over winter it'll get the Powerflex treatment on the lower arms and possibly rear beam, balljoints will get looked at and replaced as needed.

So... The trackday schedule has been changed slightly.

Oct 25th - Bedford GT (Track obsession)
Oct 30th - Oulton Park ( MSVT)
Nov 7th - Donington GP (Javelin)

Gunna be sick! Hopefully the car behaves and survives the fortnight :sweatsmile:

So... The trackday schedule has been changed slightly.

Oct 25th - Bedford GT (Track obsession)
Oct 30th - Oulton Park ( MSVT)
Nov 7th - Donington GP (Javelin)

Gunna be sick! Hopefully the car behaves and survives the fortnight :sweatsmile:
See you at snetterton on the 1st!

Reactions: Helpimonfire
Wow, prices drop steeply in November. We have the 28th October and track hire is double that in November.

I was surprised at how cheap trackdays become when it gets into November. I think Cadwell is £114 in Nov!

You'll have to keep us updated if you can get any weekend dates, Nick. Mid-week dates are difficult for us mere mortals!

I was surprised at how cheap trackdays become when it gets into November. I think Cadwell is £114 in Nov!

You'll have to keep us updated if you can get any weekend dates, Nick. Mid-week dates are difficult for us mere mortals!
This would have been the first Saturday in March but it got bumped.