2006 Deep Black Track Shed BudgetBoltOnBuild

Maxed out in the standard bolt holes, looks like I could get a bit more to be fair, it has extra threaded holes but I'm not looking at it this side of Donington. It's gunna get looked at once I've replaced all the 120k+ mile bushes and whatever balljoints need doing too. Then a decent geo setup and then back on track next year!

Unless I decide to book Cadwell in December :think:

Do you mean the Allen head bolts? If so they normally have 6 holes and only 4 used, so move them over and you can get more camber.

Also don't get those lower arm adjustable bushes, so many bad stories of them coming loose.

Reactions: Helpimonfire
Quick service before Donington. IMG_20211106_142954.jpg
I decided to buy a suction pump for the oil rather than crawling around on the floor, used these a lot when I was maintaining a fleet of 4x4s and stationary engines for my last company, £59 which is fairly cheap, I was happy to pay that anyway. 6.5 litre capacity too and it'll pull any fluids through.
IMG_20211106_143042.jpg
Went with the Fuchs Titan Race Pro S because more words means better, right? This was through recommendation from @RSRowe so if it blows up tomorrow, I'm coming for you Nathe!

I've always thought about those (enlargement) pumps, down the dipstick to suck all the oil out? How much did it manage to get out?
Never used one so interested in your opinion on them.

Reactions: burrellbloke
I've always thought about those (enlargement) pumps, down the dipstick to suck all the oil out? How much did it manage to get out?
Never used one so interested in your opinion on them.

Yeah, run the engine for 5-10 minutes to warm it up, then down the dipstick tube and pump. I was low on oil to be fair after Snetterton and it got 4.5 litres out.

Cheeky idea. Doing the filter another day then?

Yeah, I really couldn't be arsed to fight with it. It'll get another change and a new filter, new brake fluid etc etc over the winter break. The sideways rain we had after these photos kinda forced my hand when it came to the filter.

The good news is however, I checked the oil that came out and there's no metal in it at all, not even a slight shimmer so there's no bearings being chewed up, looking through the filler hole, the cam lobes I could see all looked healthy too. I have a feeling the extra noises I'm hearing are exhaust related. Again, another job for the winter!

Reactions: Big Ben and suj
Just a heads up. But when you change it next, it’ll look like dirty oil.
My oil man says it’s normal, and it’s the detergents working and suspending the grime

Just a heads up. But when you change it next, it’ll look like dirty oil.
My oil man says it’s normal, and it’s the detergents working and suspending the grime

Good save to cover your back Nathe :tearsofjoy:

"If it grenades, it's fine, my explosives man said it's normal"

• Haha
Going through some footage from the previous 3 trackdays and I've found a clip of my mate Chris in his 200 having a big wobble through Druids. He's more committed than I am so he was much quicker through the corner than me. You can just about make out the multiple corrections he had to make to keep on the road.

More footage incoming, the current clip I'm uploading is 2.1Gb so it's taking a while...

Wow what was that white one running?

Loved reading your build thread too!
Hopefully be out with you at some point

Chris looks like he’s done that before :tearsofjoy:

Yeah he's pretty handy behind the wheel. He did a few events in the Javelin Sprint Series this year. Link to his quick laps here...

Wow what was that white one running?

Loved reading your build thread too!
Hopefully be out with you at some point

His is fairly standard when it comes to the engine, V6 airbox and a custom single exit exhaust. He's spent a lot on handling and setup, plus he's a quick driver!

Reactions: strell
Going through some footage from the previous 3 trackdays and I've found a clip of my mate Chris in his 200 having a big wobble through Druids. He's more committed than I am so he was much quicker through the corner than me. You can just about make out the multiple corrections he had to make to keep on the road.

More footage incoming, the current clip I'm uploading is 2.1Gb so it's taking a while...

I spotted him at the petrol station near me, I was in the E36 too, we had a good chat

IMG_20210611_153833.jpg

Final update for the epic trackday torture test.

Donington Park - 7/11/21

4 words can sum the day up really. Too. Many. Red. Flags.
The idiots were out in force today and the red flags just wouldn't stop, I would bet there was at least a dozen today, if not more. The longest period without a stoppage was the lunch break! Lots of poor driving standards, lots of drivers that just wouldn't move over and the marshal manning the pit exit needs a swift kick in the nuts.

I managed maybe 2 clean laps, the rest of the time I was being swamped by the bigger boys in their more powerful cars or being held up by complete numpties, refusing to move over.

Had 1 massive moment which could have been an absolute disaster, I'm still not entirely sure how I saved it, I wish my GoPro was in the car at the time. I'd managed to get a great run through the final chicane and got a mega run onto the start/finish straight. Moved over to the braking line and the twat on the gate let a massive stream of cars out, some absolute nutter in a Mini race car just pulled straight across me and I had to take avoiding action, ended up sideways on full opposite lock through the first corner and promptly shat my pants. Time to come in for a cool down.

Donington is a track that I won't miss if I don't go again. It's severely tainted my view on Javelin and how their days are run. Think I'll be sticking with Track Obsession and MSVT from now on...

Totally agree. I enjoy Donington and did it twice this year. Once with Javelin and the second one with MSVT, let’s just say I know which one I won’t be rushing back to book again with.

Final update for the epic trackday torture test.

Donington Park - 7/11/21

4 words can sum the day up really. Too. Many. Red. Flags.
The idiots were out in force today and the red flags just wouldn't stop, I would bet there was at least a dozen today, if not more. The longest period without a stoppage was the lunch break! Lots of poor driving standards, lots of drivers that just wouldn't move over and the marshal manning the pit exit needs a swift kick in the nuts.

I managed maybe 2 clean laps, the rest of the time I was being swamped by the bigger boys in their more powerful cars or being held up by complete numpties, refusing to move over.

Had 1 massive moment which could have been an absolute disaster, I'm still not entirely sure how I saved it, I wish my GoPro was in the car at the time. I'd managed to get a great run through the final chicane and got a mega run onto the start/finish straight. Moved over to the braking line and the twat on the gate let a massive stream of cars out, some absolute nutter in a Mini race car just pulled straight across me and I had to take avoiding action, ended up sideways on full opposite lock through the first corner and promptly shat my pants. Time to come in for a cool down.

Donington is a track that I won't miss if I don't go again. It's severely tainted my view on Javelin and how their days are run. Think I'll be sticking with Track Obsession and MSVT from now on...

Sh1t happens sometimes. Although I'm no fan of Javelin, I wouldn't necessarily lay the blame completely at their feet. It really does depend who turns up on the day. I did Donno with them a few weeks ago without too much agro, although I do find a massive difference between week-day track days and weekend track days.

Yeah he's pretty handy behind the wheel. He did a few events in the Javelin Sprint Series this year. Link to his quick laps here...

His is fairly standard when it comes to the engine, V6 airbox and a custom single exit exhaust. He's spent a lot on handling and setup, plus he's a quick driver!
Is Chris on here? Be really interested to hear some more about his car spec, as it seems to handle well.

Hi guys, thank you for the nice words and sharing the videos.

Thought i might aswell use the forum after owning a clio for near 5 years and still never using the forum.

I will do a build spec but unfortunatly i dont have all the pics any more which im massivly gutted about

Cheers guys