200: 200 on next Top Gear series

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community/forum/Forum_postst78733/Top-Gear/Default.aspx

Alien Green 200 Cup (not ff cup) in a 3 car shootout. One for each of the boys? Hopefully the Clio will annihilate all!

Mike will have to watch TG now...

Edit (more links)
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/05/top-gear-spotted-in-italy-with-three.html

Top-Gear-Italy-10.jpg

The trio of presenters were filming a scene for the new season of Top Gear and were accompanied by three hot European hatches, the 207HP Citroen DS3 Racing, the 160HP Fiat 500C Abarth Essesse and the 200HP-strong Renault Clio RS. Judging by these photos, there was nothing out of the ordinary about this comparo, but one can never be sure with Top Gear.

Does anyone else think that DS3 looks vile?
Picture 5 has Clarkson in the DS3, May in the 200 (oh dear - that's our credability gone) and Hammond in the Fiat.

Last edited:
i quite like the ds3
May in the 200 though :scared:
Mike will not admit to watching it lol

May always chooses the best cars.

remember when he had the N24 Aston, way better than the GT3 and Lambo!

No doubt it will contain little or no real 'driving' review, but then thats not why we watch Top Gear!

And i like the DS3. A touch garish, but at least its finally a half decent hot hatch from Citroen.

I quite like the DS3s too, a touch too much with orange and black for me though, I prefer the more subtle look. Clio looks great though, AG is starting to grow on me. Although as said above, no way I would buy.

ds3 orange and black is a weee bit tooo much :001_rolleyes:

200 looks great compared to them two :thumbup1:

I love the ds3 in the grey/orange combo not so much in black.

Cant wait for the next series, it will be a very good comparison of the 3 and we already know what the winner will be.... :wink:

dont see the clio coming out in any form of good light in this test. Its a cup ... they will be knocking the cheap dash and lack of any equipment. Unless the stig is gonna set a laptime in the cars. I think the fiat will be the winner. crud!

i think clio will win, they got the cup because its the cheapest £16,800 and compared to the ds3 which is £24,000. 7.2k difference, and performance will be very much the same on track, 500c abarth essesse is no match to clio or ds3, but there could be a suprise shock, jeremy in ds3, may in 500 abarth and hamster in clio i rekon

i think the pic is the cars they would choose.

DS3 - Clarkson, it has the most power, and bright colour (hes obviously very simple)
500 - Hammond, its small (he always goes for small cars, or porsches, which we all know are supercars for people who cant afford a real supercar.)
Clio - May, old faithful, conservative choice, non dramatic.

After rigerous testing they will say "buy a Scirroco R"

Stigs already driving the car go on top gear site and check it out a now own the car that he was driving in the video the cars also been on 5th gear and one of the british touring car drivers have driving it. Its on you tube

I think may will be in the fiat

It's gay and he is a fiat fan. He has a panda

The ds3 was on 5th gear and though a great review it seemed not as raw or fun as the Clio and more grown up.

I think the Clio will destroy the fiat in the test but as the citoen could win as it is the newest/brightest/most powerful (though probably slowest of the line and on track)

Remember the top gear track isn't a proper track with very few corners. It's a power circuit so the ds3 could put in a good time if hey use their track for comparison