200: Is there real difference in akrapovic exhaust (dyno proven)

The Akra is generally regarded as the most desirable exhaust for these cars, hence the high price that they are. Build quality is very good and is one of the only aftermarket exhausts said to give an actual power gain (even if it is only a few BHP...).

If there is one already fitted to the car that you are looking at, as per your other thread, then that is a huge bonus imo!

In my opinion, it's optimistic. Maybe with a live remap and a full akra system you'd see that but not just from fitting the exhaust. Few people on here have them so hopefully they'll be able to shed some light.

Expensive upgrade but gosh thats a real nice piece of kit if you dig pipes! I see the new Megane Trophy R has that as standard kit?

Personally I love mine. If not for the power gain, but for the note it gives and how better the car is to drive. I had a KTec system before and it wasn't half as good as the Akra. I'm yet to get a dyno with mine fitted but with a gain of circa 7bhp you'd struggle to notice it anyway.

7bhp is expected gain in the mid range (where You need it most), peak power gain should be marginal (1 or 2bhp). Even though You should feel the engine revving more freely

I have it, I do not like it, and a flat spot around 2500 rpm as well, getting OEM exhaust.
The noise it too much, attracts police attention, not good.

I have it, I do not like it, and a flat spot around 2500 rpm as well, getting OEM exhaust.
The noise it too much, attracts police attention, not good.

I got an Akra last year and had the car remapped at the same time. I couldn’t tell you if there were genuinely any power gains but the dyno showed my 2010 200 Cup had 197 bhp.

The sound under acceleration is incredible. I really like the pops when the exhaust it hot. It doesn’t drone like other systems.

I was thinking of putting in an extra damper or electric controlled flap in the exhaust, but this created other problems with the flow and mapping would be totally off, since I have the feeling the car already runs rich (black soot in the exhaust).

I've an Evo but retain the two cats. The pipe of the resonator was reworked (cut) to achieve that. I've no real issue with a flatspot. I was at the local MOT center and we've measured the noise. It was 80,5 dB while it says 78 dB in the papers. So, well within the tolerance range. That was some years ago already and I've the feeling the exhaust got a bit louder over time but not that much that I think I'll need to worry about attracting the police.

I've removed the backseats and tray so the noise is presumably a bit more prominent than with and I've no issues with dronening/loudness (inside). I just drove 350km to and from our annual meeting and wouldn't want more but also not less. I've heard multiple other exhausts from standard over Scorpion to a self-made one with flap that does 130 dB open (!). I wouldn't want anything else and I'm very happy that the previous owner had already installed this system when I bought the Clio.