200 flexi joints.....can someone confirm ??

Bought some of the Bosal's now.

Seems to be the part no everyone on here quotes....

Soon find out wont we !!!!

Cheers guys.

Reactions: AshK

I will save anyone the bother of sliding under the car, The overall length is 100mm the pipe thickness 50mm to fit over the manifold pipework to weld in.

attachment.php

I have a few pic's from somewhere so sorry if they are someone's thread in this forum so here it goes:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

The outside diameter of the new flexi is very important so when done they are not touching but this dimension is never stated when buying them I can tell you the outside diameter of the braided part is 70mm on the original one. As for the repair it's in the prep so you don't end up with a shorter or deformed manifold overall this guy cut inside the collars and ground the old part along with the weld away to leave as much pipework as possible and braced the other side to keep the correct angles on the pipes. But above all else there is no point fixing the flexi's if you don't fix the cause of the failure which is engine movement or your just going to have to fix it again. So gearbox mount, lower and upper engine mounts need checked physically and better replaced if you don't know what your looking for cheaper than fixing the flexi's.

Attachments

• Flexi Joint.jpg
    Flexi Joint.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 422
  • jfysuv.jpg
    jfysuv.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 421
  • ra85zd.jpg
    ra85zd.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 426
  • 2rom49w.jpg
    2rom49w.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 428
  • 34i493s.jpg
    34i493s.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 429
Reactions: Sibbers
yeah thanks for this, so is it quite a diffuclt job? mine have just gone but don't know what to do. local garage asked if you cut and weld. looks like you can!

yeah thanks for this, so is it quite a diffuclt job? mine have just gone but don't know what to do. local garage asked if you cut and weld. looks like you can!

It might be better putting the money towards a Toyo manifold for around £200 and chucking in a couple of Powerflex bushes to have a nice firm manifold. That's if you have the main cat in the system, of course.

It might be better putting the money towards a Toyo manifold for around £200 and chucking in a couple of Powerflex bushes to have a nice firm manifold. That's if you have the main cat in the system, of course.

Hmm could do but I'd really rather not have my car any louder than it is already, already running a scorpion catback and decat