Big spec 200 Cup *FOR SALE*

That's Elf with API Standard of GL-4.

I'm using Motul 300 which matches Elf standards plus designed for LSD equipped cars. here i don't think you will need the Redline additive

I swore when I was happy with the cars handling and performance it would just get used until it breaks! BUT after Oulton in the wet it has so much more to give and I figure if the engines going to come apart it may as well be before summer! Were booked on at Oulton on the 19th Jan then that's it for a few months.
Question is do I just take the head off send that for porting, check all the clearances etc and drop the new pistons and rods in with a new oil pump or take the engine out and do a full build balancing the crank etc etc?
Again me being lazy bought a pre cut panel for some horn buttons for the steering wheel, wiring needs some attention and some door catch covers from Supreme!

892CA440-F8D9-4C72-8E7B-F5534B2A7716.jpeg8DB898C5-DD84-431C-AC00-0F7636907BF8.jpegE6874478-44A3-4687-94B4-8DF43E93A095.jpegB2BD63D3-5642-4B8E-869E-60F4D798A407.jpeg

Last edited:
while its apart check it all out

give everything a really good chemical clean out - oil ways etc

check the block main housing for size - bores for ovality (they may look ok but can taper/go oval etc)

i would get the crank checked and polished - if going for higher revs get the lot balanced - crank / rods / pistons / flywheel etc

ring gaps etc per cylinder - block honed to size if staying standard

just my ten pence worth :micah:

Reactions: Beany and Sean197
To hold the supercharger to the car. There’s the KTEC kit or Matts bracket

I've been running the supercharger for a while now I bought it off a guy from facebook. and yes the rods are all the same. Funnily enough Ive just had to send the charger off for repair due to a noise on start up. Found damage on the impeller but have no idea of the cause yet . . .

Attachments

• DA6A47A6-FF21-40DF-BDF5-17529A133578.jpeg
    DA6A47A6-FF21-40DF-BDF5-17529A133578.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
  • 5CBE1495-5D24-4653-A821-78B8B53466E7.jpeg
    5CBE1495-5D24-4653-A821-78B8B53466E7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
Cars looking great mate. I love how clean the bay is.

Shame about the charger though! Hopefully doesn't take too long to be repaired

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Reactions: needforspeed
I've been running the supercharger for a while now I bought it off a guy from facebook. and yes the rods are all the same. Funnily enough Ive just had to send the charger off for repair due to a noise on start up. Found damage on the impeller but have no idea of the cause yet . . .

Did you send it to Dave at supercharger repairs UK? He says that there is a 7 vane impeller on the horizon for more boost!

• Love
Reactions: needforspeed
while its apart check it all out

give everything a really good chemical clean out - oil ways etc

check the block main housing for size - bores for ovality (they may look ok but can taper/go oval etc)

i would get the crank checked and polished - if going for higher revs get the lot balanced - crank / rods / pistons / flywheel etc

ring gaps etc per cylinder - block honed to size if staying standard

just my ten pence worth :micah:

Fully agree to all of the above, was going to whip the head/sump/big end and main caps off and have a measure up and if it was all in good shape. If good just fit some pistons/rods with new shells so the car wasn't either stranded on a ramp for a week or having to get it rolling again to move it.