197's in France

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
Ask a stupid question lol.

Do they not have them in France????

I drove the entire length of France on Monday, was driving round down where my Uncle lives and drove the entire length of France back yesterday, well south west France to north east France. The whole time I was there, I did not see a single 197, 200, GT, 182 or 172. Are they non existent there? They all had the far better version of the car - the Diesel 5 doors - I would give mine up for one of them anyday ;-)

When I was driving through a couple of towns, all were looking/eyeing up mine as if they had never seen one, and at one point, I parked it up in the central town square, and a couple of young-ish people (probably 18-21) stopped and started taking photos of it lol!!!

I am sure we have one or two on here from France nes-pas?

My sister went to France a couple of weeks ago and brought me some pics of three 197's in France. They were on a car show. A Black one, a Red one and a Nimbus.

And also one 200 in the nasty green color...!

i just went to south france for 3 weeks and i saw 1. i did 3.4k miles over there and saw just a black 1.lol its all 5 door clio"s and that. no real sporty cars.

i just went to south france for 3 weeks and i saw 1. i did 3.4k miles over there and saw just a black 1.lol its all 5 door clio"s and that. no real sporty cars.

Sounds about right! They all have beasts aka diesel 5 door clios :smile:

I have just got back from France this week.
Saw a Black R26 and a red 197,
That was in a weeks worth of driving so was pretty disappointed.
Mine got a lot of stares and attention so they must be deprived over there :laugh:

I have just got back from France this week.
Saw a Black R26 and a red 197,
That was in a weeks worth of driving so was pretty disappointed.
Mine got a lot of stares and attention so they must be deprived over there :laugh:

Hmmm. They love it!

The UK is officially Renault Sports biggest market,not bad for a little country guess we all like driving hooligan cars,the french just want a soft easy ride lol

The UK is officially Renault Sports biggest market,not bad for a little country guess we all like driving hooligan cars,the french just want a soft easy ride lol

I think that's correct. For example. you guys got 500 R27's, in the Netherlands we got only 20 R27's! (Yes, I've got one of 20 R27's! Excually, one of 19, cause one has been totalled!) If you put that against the inhabitants, we should have 125 R27's in the Netherlands.

Few years ago I've heard thet Ford only developed the Fiësta ST because of the demand in GB.

when we went to the Dieppe factory visit the only 197/200 we saw (not including all the ones at the factory) was on our final night in Dieppe, a LY 200 driving like a chav in a car park

Hmmmm, when I goto the ring next June, I will keep my eye opened when going through Belgium for other 197's lol!

Interesting what you said about the Fiesta ST too, I can well believe it be only for the UK meerkat, hence the reason I saw none when I was in France, and only one non english one at the ring in July!

Only 20 ?

There are a lot more than that in Belgium.
Nobody ever told me that there was a limited production for Europe.

I also have an R27 F1 (delivered dec 2008, registered jan 2009) and my tag reads N°2671 (one of the last R27 F1's probably), so I'm sure there are a lot more out there.

Agree. I doubt the production of LHD R27 was limited. Mine is Nr.2697, delivered to Poland in dec 2008, registered jan 2009 as well :wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions